EFB Problems

GamerPlayFSX

• Deputy Sheriffs

Update your Bus via the ASUpdater to the latest version. Make sure, you have experimental updates enabled in the configuration window.

Ok, I have already selected the error for both the A320Family Pro and A330Pro.  I tried to change the name of the User folder from another account, which was not possible, so I decided to stay in the new account, which has no special characters and it worked, now I will have to reinstall several programs again.  It would be great if they implemented more special characters.  Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's really strange. I have no problem with it in my A330

Please login to display this image.

:

I also got also this strange error message, because my PC did not switch to summertime (the default time server in Windows failed) so there was a mismatch in the timestamps. After correcting this, I had no problem anymore as you can see.

Currently I have no other idea. But what you can do is to run the attached tool and post the output here;, it gives us some dteails about your PC/sim environment.

ASVersionInfo.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

Did we reach any resolution about the "Initializing..." EFB Error? It seems to be occurring randomly with A320/21 after installing the latest update.

I have now done a clean install of P3D, fully uninstalled everything. I still get about 50% of the time, when I start the sim, the EFB doesn't start, but hangs on the Initializing.

Latest version of P3D v4.5.14.34698 and installed A320/21 is 1.3.1.0.

Appreciate any help you can give.

CaptNabs

On 5/4/2020 at 4:32 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Where is the aircraft installed?

I have installed it outside my Prepar3d folder, on my simulation SSD.  G:\FltSim\Aerosoft\Aerosoft Professional A330....

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

mmm that's okay of course. And you say the issue happens sometimes and not always?

Yes, the problem was intermittent. Earlier this week, it happened about every second time I loaded the A320 or A330. Now it hasn't happened for a few days.

Can you give a suggestion about what type of problem might cause that Initializing... error? Is something not loading correctly? Missing files or table of contents? Would like to help narrow it down in case it starts re-occurring.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had it pop up in awhile.

It is possible that I had reloaded the airbus within the sim, as I was trying to get my Navigraph charts to load by reloading the aircraft. I honestly can't recall, but since I read your post, I don't think I have loaded it by switching it within the sim, and I have had no issues. If it comes back, I will note if it was an aircraft switch or not...

Archived