A-Floor protection

ComSimPilot

Hi,

I tried the A-Floor protection. I raised the nose 20 degrees and put the throttles to idle. The A-Floor protection kicked in but it was not fast enough.

The airplane was then stayed in the V-max red tape and started climbing. However it was climbing while the speed was well inside the red tape, around 10 Knots less than V-max.

This was sustained. The screen below is not a moment the speed dived. It stayed at that speed and kept climbing.

My question is, isn't the V-max supposed to be just above the stall speed? I mean at that speed, it should have been stalling I suppose and not climbing. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Someone more familiar with the A330 will need to jump in, but for a quick response, it's possible that approaching the A floor like that with thrust set to idle is outside the design envelope of this product. It's designed to operate within normal procedures and works as advertised for normal operations. What you were doing is not a normal operation.

Archived