A320/321 Total Electrical Failure

Scotflieger

I am repeatedly suffering a total electrical failure when flying on VATSIM. Some time into my flights the main displays (PFD etc) all go black followed by the standby instruments. None of the electrical systems work (battery, APU) and I am left with a dead stick brick with no instruments. This happens some 45-60 mins into my flights and usually when I am approaching my destination. Has anyone experienced these problems or suggest an answer?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have any Carenado aircraft installed. The DRM they have is known to cause this kind of issues especially in online network environment if the network is trying to show one of the pilots as carenado aircraft.

Yes, I do have several Carendo aircraft installed. So if via VATSIM a type match to one of my Carendo types is attempted to display this will crash my Aerosoft Airbus? What is DRM?  Edit Digital Rights Management. 

• Aerosoft

Digital Rights Management.  We have known for some time that their DRM can cause issues like you experience, but it is finicky issue to track down. From our A330 manual:

DRM OR LIMITATIONS?

No, none. If you paid for this product you can download it as many times as you like, install it as many times as you like and on as many machines as you want (if they are yours). Of course, it is not allowed to share your files and do note they are personalized the moment you start the installer. The installer does not collect any information, does not connect to any server, it just installs files. Nothing more. We promise. It also does not change any of the default files of the sim

• Aerosoft

I am not sure if removing the aircrafts removes the DRM fully, if anybody knows, please let us know.

Btw, we love Carenado aircraft, just not DRM, we are old hippies who believe that people who want a product will buy it and should not be punished by DRM. 

Having removed my Carenado aircraft (from /simobjects) I now find that I can no longer run my Aerosoft A3XX Pro aircraft. P3D4.5 crashes when I attempt load these aircraft with a ucrtbase.dll error. The A330 Pro is unaffected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the A3XX but am getting the same errors. Other non-Aerosoft aircraft are also crashing P3Dv4.5 when selected. Any suggestions?

Archived