Checklist stops at push

I did everything the checklist told me, but as soon as I finished the puschback. it is locked.
I waited 5 minutes but without the cheklist replayed by itself and went to the after start.
I continued and got to the track, I was about to take off and the after start check started. So I stopped, the checklist as called all the items and now it's going well.

I'm having this issue too. Engine did say available. I noticed at the same time, when holding short of the runway, the "WAIT" message popped up after I set the parking brake. So perhaps it's waiting for that?

I had the same issue yeterday.  I also noticed that the issue seemed to be related to something with the parking brake.  I taxiied and stopped then hit the brake to check something and then the list continued from where it left off.

I've had it happen as well. I believe it has to do with following the GSX procedure of starting the engines after the push in icing conditions. After both engines were started nothing happened with the checklist but if I released and immidiately set the parking break again i got the WAIT message and then the after start checklist. I guess the checklist expects the engines to be started before the break is set.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Affirm. The GSX message of starting the engines after pushback is pretty unrealistic in most cases. This would be the case only the apron was icy and very slippery. But most of the times even though the tempearture is on the plus side and weather is completely clear, GSX still advises you to wait with the engine start due to icing conditions. So I usually just tend to ignore it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you use GSX PB the normal procedure is to release parking, start engine 1, after it is stabilized start engine 2 and set parking brakes when GSX asks you to do it. This works fine. Because we do not know which GSX procedure is used (the normal one like mentioned above or the one with de-icing after pushback) as there is no GSX variable available for that, we are not able to change the sequence in such a case. If you want to follow the GSX instructions (engine start after PB is completed) then set the parking brakes when GSX asks for it. Relase it again and start engine 1........

Regards,

Rolf

Archived