Steering issue

youpswag14

A330 Same problem for me but with a joystick. Full scale left rudder deflection and the aircraft kept veering to the right on takeoff. Default axis calibration, FSUIPC installed but not used for flight control calibration. 

I'm in the same boat here.  With full left rudder I can kind of keep it straight.  When I release the rudder pedals the aircraft veers hard right.  Looks to be the nose wheel steering doing this.  This is with auto rudder off and I have nosewhere steering off.

I tried turning on nosewheel steering and assigned an axis and was able to taxi that way.  However when I went to take off I had no rudder authority.

Just playing around on a ground a bit, I noticed that my tiller seems to stay hard to the right, even though the plane will move forward fairly straight.  If I hard over left, the animation will go hard over left but upon release of hard over it'll swing back to the right.  Not sure if that's somehow related?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please make sure that your rudder is properly calibrated on the center position.

Also the pedal disconnect switch on the tiller (pushed in) will disconnect the rudder control from nose wheel steering. To control nosewheel steering with your rudder axis, have the tiller option OFF and don't touch the pedal disconnect switch. Manipulating these switches might cause some issues especially if you manipulate them while your rudder is not properly centered.

I can confirm my rudder is properly calibrated.  I had not touched the pedal disconnect switch when I was having issues steering with the rudder (i can’t even see it behind the EFB with the views I have set up).

I should have clarified that I had the tiller option "on"; pedals disconnected.  The rudders are calibrated (same hardware as the OP, MFG Crosswind).  For tiller, I use the "twist" axis on the joystick "side stick".  Animation is correct with the A320 (no changes were made to suit the A330).

Not to the letter - but nothing that hasn't worked before.  Back in the FSX days I used to have issues with my control assignments (standard.xml) getting corrupted, so I have everything mapped through FSUIPC (passed through as normal FS axes) which makes everything modular, easily editable and a lot less fussing around after updates.  It also allows for aircraft-specific profiles (for instance I have an Airbus profile I created for the A320 which disables my yoke and enables the joystick, etc.) which can be loaded by SimStarter.  No calibration on tiller and throttle.

That said, I was having other issues - not to clutter this thread.  I just wanted to taxi around a bit and get a feel, so I loaded the "ready for takeoff" state.  The aircraft would creep forward and the taxiing/tiller appeared to be working OK functionally, even though the tiller animation wasn't in agreement with the situation.  Also, the A330 was "seeing" my throttle inputs (the little blue bug on the ECAM would move) but the engines wouldn't spool up (unless I mouse wheeled the thrust levers...).  This persisted after deleting the axes from FSUIPC and adding them to the P3D controls dialog, but I ran out of time to dig deeper.  I'm away from my sim PC and I wanted to try and figure it out myself in case I was making a stupid mistake, so if necessary I'll open a new thread later with more detail.

I'll have a look at it later, probably boot up with no control modifications and see if that works better.  I would have assumed what works perfectly fine for the A320 would work here - but apparently that isn't the case and if so, so be it!

I had this problem this afternoon. I have set the Tiller on in the MCDU settings and found the nose wheel went hard right (as seen from outside) and the FSUIPC Steering Access had no control. The hand tiller in the VC had no effect. Turning the MCDU setting off had no effect. I had to quit P3D to regain normal FSUIPC Steering Tiller axis control. The fault appears related to the MCDU tiller setting only. 

Archived