New A330 Windsheild very Dark

Just now, steve vinent said:

Hi, I have the New A330 and the Windscreen in the cockpit seems very Dark … almost TOO tinted. Is this correct?

I'm guessing (not really) that you are either running third party shaders (Not recommened) or that your monitor settings are out of whack.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello steve,

Do you have any 3rd party shared programs on your simulator? Do you have Prepar3D HDR enabled?

We recommend using no 3rd party shaders with HDR enabled for the best experience with the A330.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, steve vinent said:

Oh and the DOME light does not seem to work?

Yes shaers are installed...thanks all...Thumbs Up from me.

I am sure the dome light works,  can you make a screenshot of the switch you are using?

Same here, but using Tomatoshade instead of PTA (without reflection profile, since that isn't necessary due to PBR).

It's only the cockpit and especially the windshield which is too dark. As a comparison, I uploaded 2 screenshots, one from the outside, one from inside.

The outside shot, is clearly brighter than the inside one. IMO it is ok if its a bit darker inside, but that's a bit too much, even on a cloudy day like today :D

Please login to display this image.

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, if you use a tweak that changes the colors of the textures all results become impossible for us to predict.  Your shader clearly flatten a lot of the darker colors. 

No worries, I totally understand that :) 

Would it be an option for a future update, to give the pilot the option to change the windshield to a brighter one, like in the CRJ? Because especially Tomatoshade is quite popular out there.

• Aerosoft

Will not change much on the A330.  Sorry. To make this aircraft look the way we intend it to look we need to be able to depend on known files. 

With every texture PBR (keep in mind there are as far as we know only three aircraft that have that, MadDog, CRJ pro and A330 pro), these things become far more critical then with the less complex textures before. Check the first image you posted, look at how the Lufthansa aircraft look. They are supposed to be white and on your system they are a dark grey.  Even though the side we see is in the shade (your image shows a scene with sun after all) they are far too dark. 

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Will not change much on the A330.  Sorry. To make this aircraft look the way we intend it to look we need to be able to depend on known files. 

With every texture PBR (keep in mind there are as far as we know only three aircraft that have that, MadDog, CRJ pro and A330 pro), these things become far more critical then with the less complex textures before. Check the first image you posted, look at how the Lufthansa aircraft look. They are supposed to be white and on your system they are a dark grey.  Even though the side we see is in the shade (your image shows a scene with sun after all) they are far too dark. 

Mhh...the funny thing is, that the CRJ and the Maddog aren't that dark inside for me. So that's quite unique (at least on my end) for the A330.
For the Lufthansa, I can guarantee you, that they were white on the sunny side. So yeah, in the shade they might be too dark, due to Tomato, but on the other side it's pretty much normal. ^^ 

• Aerosoft

The CRJ is indeed lighter due the construction.  Same artists on both, but the window size compared to the surface of the CRJ is simply different.

And I do believe the other side of the LH aircraft is white, I assume even very white.  But the issue you see if NOT related to the model but to the sim and it's tweaks. Remove (or change) Tomatoshade and you will see the LH aircraft in the correct colors.  At this moment your sim is simply using settings that make everything in the shade way too dark. No work from us will ever change that.

At least, I've found a preset, which is a bit brighter, because I don't want to miss Tomatoshade and always restoring and inserting shaders, between addons is kind of stupid :D

But what just came to my mind, when I opened the window, wouldn't it be possible to make the windows a bit less tinted, as this also has a big part, in making the cockpit feeling too dark (see the difference in the 2nd pic)?

I post this here, it fits better than in the other topic 

Ok, so ive tested the MD80. "Sadly" i have to say that everything works there with Tomatoshade.

Here are a few pics showing the difference. I usw the exact same TS profile for all pics. All pics were made on daytime, non overcast situation.

350945924_unknown-2019-12-12T004247_953.thumb.png.0891a6c0d358ddb6c66627ac5d57ce09.png

2019-12-9_18-49-32-855.thumb.png.51d467ebd031b58b66177f1792fe1670.png

2019-11-30_4-16-8-68.thumb.png.f5fd951719cbbbefd66255f191e85cb6.png

2019-12-5_21-49-11-801.thumb.png.94459d9c2a724328c89f8cf923628a68.png

2019-12-6_1-41-42-518.thumb.png.0d367e42dc21c868489551e4a4e2b1bc.png

The blue in the MD80 is pretty much the same blue as it should be, also in nighttime its perfectly fine while the A330 & CRJ are much much too dark.

I understand you can only go from standard shaders to create something but there still has to be some difference and that they seemingly managed to overcome this problem somehow.

The PBR in the A330 cockpit is really nice but it leaves a pretty bad taste to fly in those "darkness". I like the A330 so far so please dont think i put some blame on your or trying to tell you you do something wrong. Its just that i really would wish that the way Leonardo did it could be used here too to make the experience perfect.

As said in the other post, tweaking the VC ambient and diffuse values doesnt not change it in any way anymore. Its simply without effect to either use 1.0, the standard, or 2.0 or 3.0. Looks identical dark.

@Tobias94 can you please send me that TS profile you said, i would like to check something.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

i look a interesting test with PTA...................

My problem : VC is VERY DARK............, just desactive all sttings in PTA for HDR & Post processing..........

you can look my pictures........ before (dark), after (very perfect !!!!!), PBR on and all settings at 1...

If can help..........

Regards,

Sebastien

Archived