ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND on EFB

Sebetln

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, xelement said:

developers are not to blame! ... windows are to blame

If the problem resides in the local system itself how should we fix it from here?

Maybe trying to think a little bit about what has been said before writing sarcastic comments would not be the worst idea.

Sorry, but that really needed to be said!

18 minutes ago, apaloosa96 said:

any help would be so much apreciated

Do you have your user folder linked to MS OneDrive?

22 minutes ago, apaloosa96 said:

And how to change the user folder name? It´s not a good option to change it.... any help would be so much apreciated

Google has a lot of information. On the first windows update, onedrive will appear again, it will be necessary to disconnect again. It didn’t help me.

6 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

If the problem resides in the local system itself how should we fix it from here?

Maybe trying to think a little bit about what has been said before writing sarcastic comments would not be the worst idea.

Sorry, but that really needed to be said!

Do you have your user folder linked to MS OneDrive?

No I don´t have it linked to OneDrive, I have OneDrive fully uninstalled in my pc..... 

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, apaloosa96 said:

No I don´t have it linked to OneDrive, I have OneDrive fully uninstalled in my pc..... 

Please open a command window (cmd.exe), call the SET command and show us a screenshot of the window.

12 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Please open a command window (cmd.exe), call the SET command and show us a screenshot of the window.

this mine:

Please login to display this image.

I'm also try to modify only the web address of one standard links; obtain always a new error:

Tried to modify FlightAware address with standard google.com page

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please disable your Windows firewall (or any similar solution you might have installed on your machine) and anti virus program temporarily and give it another try.

Windows firewall is always disable to avoid issue with P3D and they addons; I don't think is the problem.

I suppose is something about directory.

Maybe is possible to have a new way to add/remove links in the EFB, like .pdf file in EFF, obiviusly using the A330 Config Manager?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 11:46 PM, xelement said:

efb problem 

On 12/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Again, if you have a high ascii character in your path to your documents we can solve it. If not there is an issue with the standard path to your document fiolder that we can not solve.

I have the same problem with EFB, but I don't have OneDrive. I think the problem is in Cyrillic letters on the way to EFB(C:\Users\%

cyrillic-username%\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330). Can I transfer EFB files to a path without the Cyrillic alphabet and change the register with regedit

or something different?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you manually add links to the file "user_links.txt"? If so, post the file and I might tell you hat the problem is.

10 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Did you manually add links to the file "user_links.txt"? If so, post the file and I might tell you hat the problem is.

I don’t know, but I had this problem right after installing the A330. I did not modify the userlinks file

user_links.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, aymericmp said:

J'ai exactement le même chose et je ne suis pas doué en informatique besoins d'aide!!

Car du coup je ne peux faire aucun vol!

2020-1-8_11-18-49-446.bmp 5.59 MB · 1 download

Please post in english only in the english part of the forum. You can post oin french here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/572-francais/

And please attach screenshots in jpg format only.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, aymericmp said:

J'ai exactement le même chose et je ne suis pas doué en informatique besoins d'aide!!

Car du coup je ne peux faire aucun vol!

2020-1-8_11-18-49-446.bmp 5.59 MB · 1 download

We will make the links menu optional because it causes issues for some people and we have no idea exactly why.  As it is not very functional to begin with we feel that that is not a great loss

• 1 month later...

Is an update for customers with umlauts planned in the future?

I don't dare to rename the user folder, because there will probably be a lot of other problems afterwards ...

Hi !

I have the same issue with the EFB for the A318-319-320-321 !

Since my name is Sébastien, it doesn't recognize the "é" and the link is broken (I have the ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND on the EFB).

Is a fix scheduled soon ?

Or maybe a file we can edit ? I had the exact same issue with the ASUpdater that didn’t recognize the airbus xml files in the « products » folder of ASUpdater and I resolved it by editing the path into the xml file.

Thanks in advance !

Regards, 

Sébastien

Archived