A330 Wing view

• Deputy Sheriffs

Should the there on the top right corner if you have the view system enabled.

To checkt he view system enabled see 3rd MCDU -> OPTIONS -> VIEWS -> VIEW SYSTEM -> ON

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Works just fine for me.

I only have the 2 engine views, but they are quite low.. not really simulating the passengers viewpoint. Is this what you are referring to? :) Custom views are just cockpit ones

14 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Please login to display this image.

Hmm, i don't have that.... 😕  Any ideas why? I have it all enabled in MCDU. Also, I can't seem to Load instant in the MCDU during loading to save time?

• Deputy Sheriffs

it might be collapsed on the top right corner with just the arrow showing up. If you press that arrow it will show you all the possible views.

Just now, Josu said:

I have this bar. But the view is a bit low anyway … 

Yeah i have the same issue....

31 minutes ago, Araxxos said:

Hmm, i don't have that.... 😕  Any ideas why? I have it all enabled in MCDU. Also, I can't seem to Load instant in the MCDU during loading to save time?

47 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Don't know what im doing wrong..... Sounds seems odd aswell.. Doens't have the hum that the A330 has that I have seen streamers get when throttling up... And no views like yours...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you please try to do a clean resintall of the A330. Maybe even redownload the intsaller in case the server load corrupted something during the download process.

7 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Could you please try to do a clean resintall of the A330. Maybe even redownload the intsaller in case the server load corrupted something during the download process.

Does it matter which folder I install it into?

• Deputy Sheriffs

It does not as long as it's not in Program Files folder or P3D root folder.

I recommend creating a new folder for P3D add-ons like D:\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons\ and install it there.

6 hours ago, Araxxos said:

Yeah i have the same issue....

Don't know what im doing wrong..... Sounds seems odd aswell.. Doens't have the hum that the A330 has that I have seen streamers get when throttling up... And no views like yours...

My engine views are super low like that as well. Honestly a pretty odd viewpoint. Is a complete uninstall/reinstall necessary?

• Aerosoft
Vor 1 Stunde, Bigt sagte:

My engine views are super low like that as well. Honestly a pretty odd viewpoint. Is a complete uninstall/reinstall necessary?

Here is what you can do about wingviews yourself, if you don't like their positions and want them different right in this moment to genuinely being able to enjoy flying our bird...but keep in mind that altering the files manually is NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED and thus won't get you any official help from Aerosoft in case of trouble. I am just providing this for your personal convenience:

1. Locate the Airbus' aircraft.cfg, in my specific case the folder is "D:\Simulation\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A333 RR Professional".
  2. BACKUP aircraft.cfg to a save place in case something goes horribly wrong and you have to revert to the original file without doing a complete reinstall.
  3. Open aircraft.cfg and use the search function for "CameraDefinition.023", which should be the "LEFT ENGINE VIEW".
  4. In the CameraDefinition for this view you find "InitialXyz=" followed by three values seperated by commata being the Xyz coordinates for this camera.
  5. Alter the second value to your liking, higher values move the camera upwards, lower values downwards.
  6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for "CameraDefinition.029", which should be the "RIGHT ENGINE VIEW".
  7. Save aircraft.cfg, fire up the sim, load the plane and have fun.

Below you have a screenshot from the "RIGHT ENGINE VIEW" resulting from the following altered line, which I will also keep for myself: "InitialXyz = 3.38, 2.0, 14.05".

Hi @BenBaron, is it possible to assign completely different views to the view bars? For example, I would prefer to assign the "Virtual Cockpit" view instead of the default "CP Main Panel" view, because one can pan around the cockpit a lot easier and quicker in the "Virtual Cockpit" view. I would also prefer the "Wingroot Left Top" and "Wingroot Right Top" views over the engine views.

Besides, i find it a bit complicated that the outside views of the aircraft are not separated from the aircraft views. That way, one always has to flick through views or change views manually in the P3D "Views" menu in order to switch from one of the wing or other aircraft views to the "Spot", "Locked Spot", "FlyBy" and "Top-Down" views. It's no big deal, but it's nice that in other (also Aerosoft) aircraft add-ons those views can be accessed more quickly.

Thanks, @Mathijs Kok. I already thought about buying Chaseplane, but (including the purchase of the CRJ Pro upgrade and the A330) this Christmas season is particularly expensive for me. 😉 And I also shied away from buying it since you mentioned that Chaseplane is not compatible with the viewing system in the Airbusses. And since I was perfectly happy with the viewing system in the A320 family so far, I didn't want to drop it. But I will think about it in the new year. If there can be any other solution found (maybe a tutorial how to edit the XML or an update adapting the choice of views to the one available in the A320?) in the meantime, I and probably others would probably be very happy. 😉

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

And I also shied away from buying it since you mentioned that Chaseplane is not compatible with the viewing system in the Airbusses.

This only means that you have to disable the Airbus view system from the MCDU3 if you use ChasePlane. That's all. I use ChasePlane myself and have zero issues.

You shouldn't wait for a tutorial from Aerosoft regarding the XML files. These files are mainly not meant to be touched by customers. Of course you can, but in this case you have to dig into them yourself. And of course you are totally free to share your files afterwards here with the community ;) 

Thanks, @Tom A320 - but the fact that those files are not meant to be touched by customers was also the reason why I asked for an update adapting the current views to the one that are in use in the A320 family. 😉 @DaveCT2003 seems to have exactly those views in the screenshot he posted above. I reckon that those were from an earlier beta version?

Hello,

Has anyone picked up on the fact that there seems to be two different external views?

There is the view as posted by Josu in post #8 and there is the view as posted by DaveCT2003 in post #5.

They are completely different.

I get the view as posted by Josu and cannot by any means get the view as posted by DaveCT2003 even if I turn off all views by MCDU3 re boot and turn back on.

There is an issue here which has not been clearly and succinctly identified.

Regards,

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

In Chase Plane you can share your configured views with the community. If you take a look on how many different "wing views" are already available there (2 days after release of the A330), some being in front of the wings, others above the wings and others behind the wings, there simply is no one wing view.

Obviously everyone have an own preferred viewing position here, and what ever Aerosoft would pre-configure in their view system, it will never match the taste of all but just the taste of a few customers.

So, if you are not happy with the view system the Airbus comes with, just get a tool like Chase Plane or EzDok and setup all views exactly 100% to your liking. Advantage would be: with these tools you can configure view set for EVERY other of your installed aircraft as well. 

Hi Mathijs,

Fair enough, except in doing so, I don’t know whether I have a problem or not as he is basically Chief Beta Tester on the Forum and his screenshots are different to what I (and other users) see “out of the box”. So in trying to ascertain if I have an issue to report or not becomes inherently difficult.

BTW, I love the product and what you have achieved but it is hard to baseline and report issues if “staff” are showcasing other than “out of the box”.

Kind regards,

Mark

Archived