A330 engine not responding to throttle

snapshot21

Please login to display this image.

Moving the throttle does not affect the engine on my end. Even the CLB, FLX, and TOGA detents. It stays at idle. The only way I can get the engine to respond is with reverse thrust. I am using buttons assigned to the default throttle up/down command of P3D.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Did you set the Thrust Levers in the Configurator?

I left the FADEC settings in the configurator at 1(default). But I do not use a physical axis for my throttles. Just buttons mapped to throttle up/down.

1 minute ago, snapshot21 said:

I left the FADEC settings in the configurator at 1(default). But I do not use a physical axis for my throttles. Just buttons mapped to throttle up/down.

I'm sorry my friend, but having a Thrust Lever Axis is required for this product.

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/prepar3d-v4/aircraft/2885/aerosoft-a330-professional

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm sorry my friend, but having a Thrust Lever Axis is required for this product.

Got it, Ill try later at home with sim setup.

But please consider this as a request to support atleast the throttle controls for buttons. For us simming on the go with gamepads.

It is working fine with the A320 pro family and CRJ pro. Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately for a unknown reason using Simstarter cause the complete Throttle thing not working as intended. For the moment, when flying the A330, start P3D directly.

• Developer
vor 49 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Unfortunately for a unknown reason using Simstarter cause the complete Throttle thing not working as intended. For the moment, when flying the A330, start P3D directly.

Or select a default aircraft an switch to A330 when the situation is fully loaded.

First flight,  plane went to Afloor for reasons I can't figure out.   It was on the climb and throttle was in climb position with autopilot on.  My throttles don't work and the plane is just descending.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

First flight,  plane went to Afloor for reasons I can't figure out.   It was on the climb and throttle was in climb position with autopilot on.  My throttles don't work and the plane is just descending.

Please don’t hijack other topics. Your issue is a complete other one.

While simstarter may also present problems, I believe that loading states doen not work properly. I have set Take off as the default state and the engines simply do not respond once the plane is loaded in. If I reload the state to taxi, they work

12 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Please don’t hijack other topics. Your issue is a complete other one.

Ok,  but I think if I created another one somebody would tell me to use the one already out there with throttles not working.

A workaround for the Simstarter problem seems to be to deactivate P3D in the Run ConfigSet, then run Simstarter normally (thus without starting P3D but everything else), and then start P3D manually.

1 hour ago, Detail50 said:

Ok,  but I think if I created another one somebody would tell me to use the one already out there with throttles not working.

Exiting the flight,   I hope this isn't going to be an issue

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, justadude said:

While simstarter may also present problems, I believe that loading states doen not work properly. I have set Take off as the default state and the engines simply do not respond once the plane is loaded in. If I reload the state to taxi, they work

Does selecting the takeoffstate manually a second time work?

Strange, using Simstarter too, no issue with Throttle at all but I am using a Saitek Throttel. As I understand this issue only happens if no Throttle axis is assigned(?)

What I recognize is, if I assigne axis with FSUIPC, my Airbus Throttles are also not working at all, but no idea if this helps you guys :(

About the throttle. The aircraft cannot be taken out of ALPHA FLOOR mode. Do not turn off the traction machine. Not at all. Chokes can be moved to any position, useless.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, dron960 said:

Насчет дроссельной заслонки. Самолет не может быть выведен из режима Альфа-этажа. Не выключайте тяговую машину. Нисколько. Дроссели могут быть перемещены в любое положение, бесполезно.

Please post in English language only, here. Thank you.

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Does selecting the takeoffstate manually a second time work?

I do believe so. I would have to test it again to make sure. I have noticed that other states do not load in properly as well. Will need to do more flights to see how/if these issues persist.

I did a flight loading in turn around state and everything worked fine.

The plane is nice and handles well when this issue does not arise.

vor 6 Stunden , Bernd E. sagte:

Strange, using Simstarter too, no issue with Throttle at all but I am using a Saitek Throttel. As I understand this issue only happens if no Throttle axis is assigned(?)

What I recognize is, if I assigne axis with FSUIPC, my Airbus Throttles are also not working at all, but no idea if this helps you guys :(

The strange thing is that the throttle levers in the virtual cockpit actually move adequately, but the engines do not respond and stay in idle even with the throttle levers at TOGA. That is when Simstarter starts P3D. When I start P3D manually, the engines do respond fine.

Archived