CRJ Pro: FD TO pitch mode and CLB mode.

Dear:

CRJ Pro update 2.0.0.1 applied.

1. On ground when TOGA is pressed, FD TO pitch command shows 0 deg pitch. At rotation shows 6 deg only pitch up. 

2. After takeoff when SPEED button is pressed, FD pitch mode shows ALTS and on control panel ALT button lights up instead of CLB xxx mode being displayed in the PFD and SPEED button light up.

I learnt that Aerosoft is looking into it. When can I expect the update?

Haseen Ahmad.

Dear sgreen91:

Thanks for replying. 

1. Okay, I'll try with  CTRL-SHIFT-G. But Aerosoft should correct it so that clicking the TOGA switch on the throttles should produce proper TOGA pitch command.

2. By the way, does CLBxxx FD pitch mode (pressing the SPEED button) engage just after takeoff?

Regards,

Haseeen Ahmad.

• Developer

We have revised the TO TO FD positions depending on aircraft type. Will come with an update.

Changing to Speed mode can be done once you have a stable speed after rotation and gear is up.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:00 AM, metzgergva said:

We have revised the TO TO FD positions depending on aircraft type. Will come with an update.

Changing to Speed mode can be done once you have a stable speed after rotation and gear is up.

When can I expect the update?

Haseen Ahmad.

• 4 months later...

This problem still persists after almost half a year.

I am typerated on and fly the CRJ200 which has the exactly same SOP after departure.

Before applying takeoff thrust: 
Check flaps
Carrets (the bugs on the N1 dials, needs to have put in OAT on Perf page for them to appear)
TO/TO on FMA
Takeoff Config OK on EICAS

Then at rotation after gear is selected up PF calls for Speed and Nav. This should result into a CLB xxx and HDG until a few seconds later showing FMS1 or FMS2 depending on who is flying.

But the Aerosoft Pro CRJ just goes into ALTS and unable to go into Speed mode until either you depress ALT button on FCP (which automaticly for some reason gets activated for some reason with green buttons lit up next to it) and then press SPEED or until you pass like 2000 or 3000ft (seems to be some restriction clearing it by then in the coding).

I honestly question if Aerosoft even had any real life CRJ pilots on the beta testing team and if so, how did this go unnoticed?? For me flying these birds on a daily basis it was super unrealistic rotating and trying to follow CRJ SOP's as the coding of the aircraft during initial climb is not following how the aircraft works in real life.

Otherwise this aircraft in many ways for the price is a good one. But please, fix this issue as it right now is making the product quite unflyable in the first phase of flight.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with Captain_Edwards. I'm my self have experience with real life CRJ200 flying and the TOTO or GAGA modes are unusable. After pressing TOTO should be pitch up to 12 degrees, and for GAGA 10 degrees. 

Once rotating and positive rate, gear up, speed mode ( which works as described by Captain_Edwards_) above 400 ft, heading mode or nav mode, depending on take off profile. Above 600 feet autopilot ON, and airplane just goes up to almost 20 degree pitch up. Above 1000 AFE acceleration and cleaning up the bird while speeding up. As of now , it is a fight for survival here :) I think this is a great product that needs a little bit more touches to get as real as it is in real life. Please have this fixed and updated.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:15 PM, Longezjet said:

I totally agree with Captain_Edwards. I'm my self have experience with real life CRJ200 flying and the TOTO or GAGA modes are unusable. After pressing TOTO should be pitch up to 12 degrees, and for GAGA 10 degrees. 

Once rotating and positive rate, gear up, speed mode ( which works as described by Captain_Edwards_) above 400 ft, heading mode or nav mode, depending on take off profile. Above 600 feet autopilot ON, and airplane just goes up to almost 20 degree pitch up. Above 1000 AFE acceleration and cleaning up the bird while speeding up. As of now , it is a fight for survival here :) I think this is a great product that needs a little bit more touches to get as real as it is in real life. Please have this fixed and updated.

Yes please, its been a LONG wait.

• Developer

I sent the beta for service pack 1 to the testers today, so a new update isn't far out.

I also just tried this on a takeoff from Munich, as described by @Captain_Edward and the problem seems to be solved.

On 8.5.2020 at 03:44, Captain_Edward sagte:

I honestly question if Aerosoft even had any real life CRJ pilots on the beta testing team and if so, how did this go unnoticed??

Usually this means that things got broken during later changes.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:44 PM, Captain_Edward said:

But the Aerosoft Pro CRJ just goes into ALTS and unable to go into Speed mode until either you depress ALT button on FCP (which automaticly for some reason gets activated for some reason with green buttons lit up next to it) and then press SPEED or until you pass like 2000 or 3000ft (seems to be some restriction clearing it by then in the coding).

I honestly question if Aerosoft even had any real life CRJ pilots on the beta testing team and if so, how did this go unnoticed?? For me flying these birds on a daily basis it was super unrealistic rotating and trying to follow CRJ SOP's as the coding of the aircraft during initial climb is not following how the aircraft works in real life.

Yes, real RJ pilots are in the Beta, and I know this particular issue is being adressed, but programming is a minefield. Solve one problem, find 3 more.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear about the Service Pack, I experience this issue about every third flight, thought, that it might be a bad SID planning.

Ignoring the FD and setting speed mode late is my workaround meanwhile.

Thanks and regards,

Herbert

• Developer

It's been a month of testing too 🙂

Sunday's the deadline for fixes here, so unless I mess everything up, both CRJ Pro SP1 for P3D v4.5 as well as CRJ Pro for P3D v5 will be available early next week.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

so unless I mess everything up

Which of course never ever happened before ;)

• Developer
vor 18 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Which of course never ever happened before ;)

Exactly! :P 

Now where's the button to ban admins from the forum for "disrespect"?  :D

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

Now where's the button to ban admins from the forum for "disrespect"?  :D

Whoever finds it first, wins? :P

Archived