White out display

• Aerosoft

When you have problems reading the EFB there can be three possible reasons:

1. Settings not as advised in the manual, certainly bloom needs to be set really low for this project!
  2. The P3D view system simulates how your eyes react and it takes a few seconds to adapt to the much darker inside of the cockpit when you pan the view from the outside
  3. A 3rd part shader. Many of these compress the lighter colors to a certain degree, thus removing colors. We have seen shaders where 20% of all possible colors were drawn into full black or full white. 

Due to the web technology used we have less options to tweak this effect, what is possible is to tweak the colors of the documents and depending on feedback we will do so.   With the advised settings

Please login to display this image.

it will look like this:

I love this bus very much, it's a wonderful piece! I very enjoyed my first flight this morning. Only the EFB is to white (lighten) for me. So I didn't use it. But I don't want to pull down my bloom-settings because I like the sim a little bloomy in general; without it the light seems to be too flat for me (I have a large monitor). So maybe in a future update it will be possible to dim it a little bit? That would be nice. By the way, in the CRJ I can read the tablet without any problems. Is there the same technology in use?

Kai 

• Aerosoft

The technology is totally different and the only thing we can do it tweak colors, but not the total light output. 

Do make sure you calibrate your monitor because we have seen a LOT of issues like this solved when we know what your monitor is showing.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just loaded the A330, (with 1.0.0.5 Experimental) The main issue so far is the EFB white out when I have HDR on, and the P3D  lighting settings set as stated in Vol .1. have been used. If I turn off HDR, then I can read the EFB great, but the cockpit is in dusk brightness and overhead needs lights to see anything. Also, if I turn the EFB to night time mode, it becomes more readable. Some times while I am clicking the various EFB tabs too quickly, it crashes my system.

I had a look at some other of my a/c with EFB, eg, the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 works great, as well as overhead visibility. The QW 787 Has a Bright/Dim control toggle button so all users systems can use the EFB. I realise this is different technology...but the problems are the same.

I am using P3D v 4.5.13.32097 on client, cont. and scenery. My Samsung, 32" 2 k monitor is set at 50% settings, so no colour saturation. I checked it against a colour test card, and it looked ok. I have removed and let P3D rebuild the shaders folder. To my knowledge, I have no other shader programs. I have a GTX 1070 video card. Drivers all updated two weeks ago. I also tried using another monitor, 24" 1080, but still the same brightness issue.

Anyway, if a solution can't be found, then maybe the best resolution is for Aerosoft to provide a switch to turn off the EFB, (like 'Dave" in the CRJ) then those of us who can't use it, can at least remove the distraction.

Thanks Mathijs, that resolved the issue of bright screen. Also stops me testing settings that kills my P3D sessions.

Something strange did happen though. After "panel.cfg.stop" of the original panel.cfg, and applying the replacement 'panel.cfg', my task bar is removed when I have a P3D session, making getting to other functions like chaseplane etc now requiring use of the windows key each time. Then when I reverted back to the original panel.cfg, the problem still remains...So, maybe a coincidence, that this issue just appeared at the same time. I always have my task bar 'locked', so usually always there. Need to dig further to see what I have done to cause this.

Solved the task bar issue. When I started digging, I also noticed the top bar was missing the minimise and X buttons. I clicked the Ctrl + Enter keys, this brought back the top and bottom bars correctly and now my task bar is back. So, some how with all my key pushing to resolve my EFB issue, I must have inadvertently clicked these two keys without noticing. ok, solved.

Archived