Repaint requests (A330)

Hi 

There are some confusion about the new SAS repaint....

I made this comment at a SAS repainter... But was encouraged to make a forum post about this.

This is the new Scandinavian Airlines Livery

SAS new Livery

They have Silver logo and Silver engines..

No one to this date seem to get the new SAS livery correct!

There is a general problem when painters on the new SAS livery try to make it...

They paint the engines grey or white... and they paint the big SAS logo grey..

No one to this date has done it correctly.... It's apparently a huge deal this paint.

Because the engines and logo are in SILVER...

This is because of the history of SAS livery... In the old dragon livery Silver was dominant.. 

I can't make the livery myself.. And thank you to all you guys who does these paints... 

I can only offer my comments.... 

BUT NOW IT SEEMS SAS THEMSELVES ARE CONFUSED. THEY HAVE NOW PAINTED SOME OF THIER AIRCRAFT LIKE THE REPAINTERS.

So I have written so SAS .

Because... SAS seems to have changed their livery again...  

So all the repainters seem to have gone it more right, where I have sticked to the more, what I believe to be the more beautiful livery from their statement... 

And told several painters that they got the new livery wrong... But it seems they haven't.

I  think white engines and grey logo instead of silver is a budget version.... and to much new Lufthansa livery.

I will return with news.

Jens

Please login to display this image.

AIr Hong Kong getting close....

She just got her new paint and reg...so she'll be B-LDO.

Air Canada released....

Working on the bump maps for the Freighter....a lot to do but you can see where I took the window bumps off the nose section (as this part is reworked by the cargo conversion process and the window holes are pretty much removed).

Also took the bumps and reflections off the L2 and R2 doors since they are non-functional on the freighter (plus removed the stickers)

And added a "bump" for the rain gutter above the new cargo door.  Of course I added depth to the door itself to give it a 3d appearance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steve dra said:

Working on the bump maps for the Freighter....a lot to do but you can see where I took the window bumps off the nose section (as this part is reworked by the cargo conversion process and the window holes are pretty much removed).

Also took the bumps and reflections off the L2 and R2 doors since they are non-functional on the freighter (plus removed the stickers)

And added a "bump" for the rain gutter above the new cargo door.  Of course I added depth to the door itself to give it a 3d appearance.

Looking FANTASTIC Steve!!! 

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Looking FANTASTIC Steve!!! 

Thanks Dave!

It's a LOT of work.....so many little things that most folks may never notice, but will say "Hey...he actually pit "THAT" in there" if they happen to see it :)

• Like 1

Tail is done.   Brand spankin' new. (Because it really is...the plane has only been B-LDO for a few weeks now)

The work you don't see is that in order for the textures to be totally correct on the doors....(no metal reflection off the lower door plate on the L4 door....because its not there)...you have to edit 3 maps, and 1 texture and 2 channels on EACH map...for a total of NINE items you have to touch (some is painting, some is removing things).....JUST to capture this ONE effect properly.  Ugh....it is a LOT of work!!!

Forget to edit the bump map or the Metal map.....and you'll see this:

What drives a lot of new painters nuts is trying to figure out why they take that metal plate off the main texture map....but still see what "appears" to be the plate...when in reality...that is actually the "metal'ness" and "Bump" of those 2, totally separate maps acting on that area.

All this knowledge comes from just doing it for so long...playing with all the maps to see how they effect the model in flightsim....there is no magic here, hehe. :)

OK Dave....maybe I am a Master painter...but only because of the reasons I mentioned in my other post...LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mousemansteven said:

@ steve dra. i want to try the freighter how does it interface with  gsx? is the left cargo door  functional?  thank you for your marvelous work. regards steve t

It's not a dedicated freighter model hence the door is non-functional, hence GSX will treat the aircraft as usual. 

• Like 1

Hi I would like to request a fictional repaint for the South African Airways vintage(flying Springbok colors). I see one has already been made, but one small adjustment needs to be made as seen in the following link: https://www.airliners.net/photo/South-African-Airways/Airbus-A300B2K-3C/2611363?qsp=eJwljTEOwjAMRa8See5QqMSQrXAAGLiAlZgmojSR46pEVe9OEran97/9dzBhEfrKM0cCDYmQjYMOIjJ%2BEugd3pS3wDbVNKziFL7YG1wUet4wJzUOfV8vXJBwQ6EpcAZ9HrrSZ7kWBlv0aAxFIQt/f2dLXCNKpu1NZf9UgPjRGIZL8danOGP7QYJ%2BhuP4AeBNPE0%3D The blue cheatline shouldn't go over the windows, it should go under it..Otherwise great work guys

Regards

1 hour ago, roryalpha4 said:

I know i'm only wishing here but could this be done?

Sir,

I had to remove the photo you included in your post as you uploaded a copyrighted photo to our forums, which in addition to you.violating the copright you enjoin Aerosoft in violating the copyright as well as.  The result of this could means that we have to raise the prices for all our products to cover the legal fees and any award a law suit might saddle us with (you would be on your own for your legal fees and award).  This is a very real concern.

You can avoid copyright infringement problems by inserting  link in your post instead of uploading a photo from another.website.

Thank you for understanding my friend.

Best wishes!

air Hongkong/DHL A330 P2F now in the library:

@mousemansteven VP-BLX is correct.  The door is only there by virtue of paint and editing of the bump and metal maps.  Aerosoft would have to provide a model with a operating cargo door for it to open.   Not sure if the model/coding work involved on both a dedicated freighter (A300-200F) and the P2F conversion of a passenger A330-300 would be a viable ROI for Aerosoft ...so I don't think we'll ever see the model...but if we do...this paint will be ready for it. :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Detail50 said:

Steve,  great job.   You do so much for the community,  Thank You

Thanks.  When I get in a painting groove, I can pop them out at a pretty good pace (with Quality always in mind of course)

This one is going to be easy after the last few: (and I like the livery....2nd airframe I've painted it on)

I succesfully hijacked @steve dra's Freighter!  I just wanted to show a preview of planes no one asked for but because I love the liveries I decided to make.  Its just what I do.  Anyways, bit of back story, Atlas has on numerous occasions over the last 3 years stated they are constantly looking at doing A330s because of the availability in feedstock in comparison to 767s.  These are the three concepts I have of what it would look like if operated by them.  For those not in the know.  Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is the parent company of Atlas, Polar, and Southern.  They are also a large operator of Prime Air aircraft.  The Prime Aircraft isn't finished yet.  But I wanted to post a preview before I left for work tomorrow.  All will be posted when I get back in 10 days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thibodb said:

I succesfully hijacked @steve dra's Freighter!  I just wanted to show a preview of planes no one asked for but because I love the liveries I decided to make.  Its just what I do.  Anyways, bit of back story, Atlas has on numerous occasions over the last 3 years stated they are constantly looking at doing A330s because of the availability in feedstock in comparison to 767s.  These are the three concepts I have of what it would look like if operated by them.  For those not in the know.  Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is the parent company of Atlas, Polar, and Southern.  They are also a large operator of Prime Air aircraft.  The Prime Aircraft isn't finished yet.  But I wanted to post a preview before I left for work tomorrow.  All will be posted when I get back in 10 days.

Looking Stellar as usual Brian!

Freight Dawgs will now have the Bus with a few carriers to haul boxes in. :)

2 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Looking Stellar as usual Brian!

Freight Dawgs will now have the Bus with a few carriers to haul boxes in. :)

Maybe I’ll start on FedEx on the road. And finish it when I get home. Maybe if we Dan work metal out JAL Cargo had a metal 76 that looked sharp.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:26 PM, steve dra said:

Thanks.  When I get in a painting groove, I can pop them out at a pretty good pace (with Quality always in mind of course)

This one is going to be easy after the last few: (and I like the livery....2nd airframe I've painted it on)

Great job Steve, glad you painted the Air Europa A333...can use this scheme.

Air Europa flight #UX1094 Amsterdam to Madrid.

10 minutes ago, AA777-200ER said:

Great job Steve, glad you painted the Air Europa A333...can use this scheme.

Air Europa flight #UX1094 Amsterdam to Madrid.

Thanks!

It should be ready soon.