Question about SimStarter scenery setup P3D v4.5

DJJose

Just bought SimStarter NG and need some guidance on how to use my saved sceneries.cfg files with my newly created profiles in SimStarter.

I already have about 10 scenery,cfg files such as Englandscenery, AUscenery, NZscenery etc. These are .cfg files and I use the scenery config editor to open the scenery, then save as scenery.cfg file. So far so good, except that depending on the region that I want to fly, I have to disable my add-on xml airports using the P3D v4.5 H2 add-on menu. It's become tiresome.

I'd like to do it all using SimStarter. I see that there's a way to import a scenery.cfg and use it in the profile. What's the best way to do this? I was thinking of creating folders with region names, then dropping the .cfg file into the folder, then renaming the file to scenery.cfg. Or can I just choose the file name (ex. AUscenery.cfg) and SimStarter will save the file as scenery.cfg. It will not be a problem if I need to manually save all my saved .cfg to sceney.cfg.

My hope is to open each scenery.cfg file, then disable the add-on xml airport that I will not use in the region, then save the profile with the region name, example: AUscenery. Then when I'm ready to fly in AU, press the profile. When I'm ready to fly in the USA, press the profile name.

I'm not too concerned with P3D v4.5 settings because if I lower anything, it will more likely be, just AG to normal. I'm sure that I can also create a VFR or IFR profile and add it to my region.

Thanks for your help.

Jose

• Developer

Hi José, thank you for using SIMstarter NG.

On 9.12.2019 at 00:16, DJJose sagte:

[...]

I already have about 10 scenery,cfg files such as Englandscenery, AUscenery, NZscenery etc. These are .cfg files and I use the scenery config editor to open the scenery, then save as scenery.cfg file. So far so good, except that depending on the region that I want to fly, I have to disable my add-on xml airports using the P3D v4.5 H2 add-on menu. It's become tiresome.

[...]

It's a pitty that you've not started using SIMstarter NG before creating these files. Best way would be migrate them one by one in new SceneryCfg Sets. You can use the Scenery Overview in the Scenery Editor, as this makes it easier to see which scenery is active in which Scenery ConfigSet.

Until you've done this, SIMstarter NG can handle an individual scenery.cfg file per script. See manual chapter 2.2.3.1 "Path to external scenery.cfg".

Thanks Capt. PERO

The quickest way for me would be to create the profile AUScenery, create the xml Config as AUScenery and then import my clean AUscenery.cfg that I've already created. Save my profile and I'm done.

Can I do this?

I really don't want to have to use my full scenery.cfg to disable sceneries and save configs. It's too much work and your software is not behaving properly.

I even had to restore my corrupted p3d v4.cfg and now SimStarter doesn't want to run P3D v4.

Depending on how long you take to respond, I might re-install and not update to the latest version.

Reinstalled the program, but it seems that without updating, the program does not run. It seems that I also need to be connected to the internet. How nice.

Update: the updater says "it's impossible to download update." OK The program will not run without an update.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It seems that I also need to be connected to the internet. How nice

Yes, to check if there is an update available. If you do not want it to do this. go to the folder ...\SIMstarter NG\data\ open the file SIMstarter NG Settings.ini with a texteditor (not Word!!!) and change the line checkUpdates=True to False

Then you will never receive an update. ;)

I managed to download the latest version from the forum. I had to sign up. Got the latest installed. Played with it again and it's not what I was  looking for. I've uninstalled it and I'm getting a refund from my CC.

You can close this thread. Thanks!

Archived