Low fps

timma

I did my first flight today but unfortunately performance is really bad ,the previous crj was smooth with out stutters.

i run all pmdg and labs addons with out any problems.is there any fix  for this ,i tried disabling the FO display and still the stutter fest

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I upgraded today to CRJ Pro and me too, I’ve noticed the same problem! I’ll try to change some settings, but overall, FPS are lower than with a first edition of CRJ. It’s a great product. 

I noticed a very small FPS drop (for example. from 35 to 30) on my system

I7-7700 (4.2GHz HT enabled)

16GB DDR4

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC

I noticed that new CRJ is very CPU demanding, my CPU runs at 100% while my GPU is resting. But the difference from the old one is very small (in FPS).

I also reinstalled the P3D before installing the released version of CRJ Pro.

I'm having really bad FPS as well. I have an i7 6800k @ 4.0 Ghz, 32 GB and a 1080 ti OC/watercooled. I just did a flight with the FSLab A320 from CYUL to CYYZ and I had no issues with blurry sceneries or FPS. I uninstalled the old version as recommended but I may go back to the old one. 

• Developer

Can everybody who has problems with FPS please give me a complete list of tools add-ons (for example Chaseplane, EzDok, UTLive, GSX, UGCX, etc.), so I can try to reproduce what you see on your systems?

10 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Can everybody who has problems with FPS please give me a complete list of tools add-ons (for example Chaseplane, EzDok, UTLive, GSX, UGCX, etc.), so I can try to reproduce what you see on your systems?

Experiencing stutters with the Pro.

- Active Sky for P3d

- REX Soft Clouds

- ChasePlane

- ORBX Global / Vector

- GSX

- Navigraph Charts

Same here. Its stutters. Taxiing is most noticeable... its like this       ---------..-----------------..------------..-----------------------..---------------..-------------..----------- (line smooth, dotdot stutter) Old CRJ was always smoothest addon i have, 30-45 steady.

And also CDT with EFB use. CDT stops me every flight. I understand this is being looked into as of 10th Dec there was a breakthrough  with Navigraph 1hr timeout problem?  Im yet to have a go at a landing unfortunately, But i imagine the stutters would be a problem with smooth flow.

------------------
System Information
------------------

Time of this report: 12/17/2019, 13:53:14

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z97-HD3
BIOS: F10c (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16268MB RAM
Page File: 5403MB used, 13297MB available

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

-P3Dv4.--  (latest, checked today)

- Active Sky for P3d

- ChasePlane

- ORBX Global / Vector

- GSX

- Navigraph Charts

have had the same experience as petetech and could not better discribe !

-P3Dv4.5 HF2

-ORBX Global / Vector/ORBX Regions/Airports

-FS Global ultimate

- Active Sky for P3d

- EZDok3

- GSX2

- Navigraph Charts

System :

Intel Core i7 8700K OC 5.1GHz

Asus 1080ti

MB: Asus Rog STRIX Z370F-Gaming

16GB DDR4 3200

Win 10Prof. 1909 Build 18363.535

• Developer

Thank you guys. The main difference between your installations and mine seems to be Chaseplane/EzDok and Orbx Global/Vector. Although I know for sure that Jeroen, who made the CRJ product video used Chaseplane without any issues. I don't see how Orbx Global/Vector could cause any issues. It's just scenery and not anything that actively uses CPU (except for loading data).

I'll report back as soon as I gain some knowledge.

i run 4k , chaseplane , orbx vector tons of addon scenery, think its lighter on my system then pmdg NGX NGXu and most of the addons , the new CRJ Pro tax the gpu more ,

the new 330 for example is very light +100fps the crj pro, AS 3xx 70-80 i tune my settings  vsync 30hz and use the FSL 3XX  ( the hard hitter) to tune  when that one have 40-45 i enable vsync

I have the identical stutters to the person below whether using chase plane or Ezdok

On 12/17/2019 at 5:57 AM, petetech said:

Same here. Its stutters. Taxiing is most noticeable... its like this       ---------..-----------------..------------..-----------------------..---------------..-------------..-----------

I also use or call vector, active sky and Rex, but have not had stutter with any other aircraft including PMDG and others. Doesn’t change when turning settings up or down. Is also consistent whether lots of clouds or not. No difference turning F.O. Instruments off or efb off. 

running i8700k, 1070gtx, no overclock. All latest OS updates, led v4.5hf2. Using latest crj build from aerosoft updated as of today. 

I did not have any stutters or issues with previous (old) crj, it was smooth as silk and high FPS. My FPS in this one vary a lot, ranging from about 30-55.

hooe you can find a fix, it really detracts from what is otherwise a beautiful aircraft.

Same for me, the performance is terrible. A lot of stutters especially while taxing. Compared to the NGXu and A330 there is a significant drop in FPS, no matter if I fly from a default airport or Aerosoft EDDF

System:

i7-4790k 4,00GHz

Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

16GB Ram

MB: H81 Pro BTC

Samsung SSD 250GB for P3D

Windows 10 Pro

Simulator:

P3D V4.5 HF2

ORBX Global/Vector/LC Europe

Active Sky for P3D

REX4 for Clouds

Navdatapro Charts

Frames are locked to 30 via Nvidia inspector 

The first version had very variable framerates. I noticed variation between 25 and 85 fps. Now given this Pro version, is enhanced significantly with lighting and pbr, it has clearly just scaled down.

So a 20 percent reduction in fps will put the lower level under 20, making it much more noticeable.

I confirm the performance issues. Turning on the first officer PFD and ND gives a further significant hit on the framerate, so its clear why these displays are switched off by default...

I am using an i5 6600K so hyperthreading cannot be the cause. I am not using Chaseplane, but OrbX Vector.

Hoping for improvement in future updates.

• Developer
On 7.1.2020 at 09:39, timma sagte:

Pmdg managed to improve performance on the ngxu in the last update so hopefully aerosoft can work something out.

I'm working on it although I still don't know the reason. For most users framerates are perfectly fine. Only a few get low fps. That's all I can say right now.

I also started getting low FPS problem and I have never had it before even in BETA testing. Few days ago I made a successful flight from LJLJ to EDDF. Yesterday I powered on my PC, turnet off Hyperthreading to test this:

On 12/31/2019 at 11:32 AM, Schorle said:

Had bad stuttering, too. I turned off Hyperthreading in BIOS and now everything is much smoother

After turning it off I started P3D with CRJ and had 30+ FPS in cold and dark. As soon as I turned the AC power on and avionics came to life my FPS dropped to 15 or less FPS. I thought that HT set to off in BIOS is causing this problem. After a restart and turning the HT back on the problem was still there. I am 90% sure that turning HT off and back on has nothing to do with FPS problem. But it is interesting that this is the only change on my system between a smooth CRJ experience and low FPS problem.

I deleted the P3D cfg file, reinstalled the CRJ and there was no change.

Then I started searching for the problem. I tried FSLabs and PMDG NGXu and had 25+ FPS. CRJ is still having 15FPS on AC power and 30+ without AC. 

Then I turned all the settings to the left (LOW) in the P3D and still had exactly the same amount of FPS while on AC power. So P3D settings had no impact.

The only improvement was switching off the FO displays - FPS jumped to 20 but it is still quite low and if I also turn the CPT screen - FPS jumps to 30.

Was there maybe a Windows 10 update I don't know about it and started this problem?

I doubt my PC is underpowered for CRJ:

Windows 10 1903 18362.535

i7-7700 (4.2 GHz, HT enabled)

16GB DDR4 RAM

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC

I am so confused about this problem :(

I hope you do not mind if I ask the following question. I am considering 'upgarding' my CRJ to PRO. I am running P3D 4.5 with everything ORBX and ActiveSky. I have a laptop - ASUS FX503 with i5 7300 @2,5 GHz, GTX1050 3 GB and 8 GB RAM. The CRJ X runs fine at abour 25 fps with reasonable settings.

Will CRJ Pro run the same or it is indeed significantly more resource hungry? I have read that statement that laptops are not recommended. What I am asking however is what performance degradation I can expect? 20%? I am fine with moving sliders left if needed to some extent.

Any thoughts?  

I think it should work fine with some "sliders to the left" by some extent. I have never heard of GTX 1050 that has 3GB, I always though there are 2 and 4 GB variants.

Archived