Is this an IRS problem?

simmyjiff

Hi, I have a navigation problem with the Aerosoft A300 series, When I take off the lateral flight path showing in the ND begins to change shape and eventually breaks up all together, the aircraft does not follow the programmed flight either, in addition the nearest wpt moves away from the aircraft as it approaches. Screenshots of the ND are attached showing the flight path as it should be at takeoff, and at an altitude of 2780ft when it is breaking up.

As far as I can tell I have programmed both MCDU’s correctly, but I’m attaching screenshots for further comment, these include the ‘Init Page 2’ and ‘Perf Page 2’.

In addition, I’m not sure if the stages of setting up the IRS are behaving properly, screen shots of these are also attached. Firstly the ‘Reset IRS to NAV’ is not highlighted in Amber, as I think it should be? (the ADIRS have been set!) instead when clicking ‘IRS INIT’ (LSK 3R), the next screen shows, ‘Align on REF’ in Green, then the Aligning Coordinates Populate IRS’s 1-3? I presume this is a working alternative, but why not normally.

The flight Plan was prepared by Simbrief, a copy of the OFP is also attached for info.

Other information is as follows:

OS                          Windows 10 version 1909

Flight Sim             P3D v4.5.

Aircraft                 Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional version 1.2.5.2

Scenery                ORBX Global, base Pack, OpenLC Europe and Libraries.

Fuel                       Airbus X Fuel Planner

Many thanks in anticipation.

Jim

Please login to display this image.

EDDNLOWW_PDF_1575485270.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs

The onlx problem I see is the weird line drawing in screenshot nr. 2. Unfortunately this is kind of "normal" and also happens in real life:

Hi Mathijs, and thanks for your comment, I could be quite happy in accepting this if the issue was an isolated incident? however all my flights having the same familiarity, the managed mode is not being followed? in addition to this I have no Hot Keys, so I might as well carry out a clean reinstall, I got nothing to lose...can you point me to your  recommended sequence of uninstalling with P3D v4? perhaps I should also mention that I the previous version with FSX worked perfectly well without any issues at all? LOL, it'e a funny old world!

Thanks for your help anyway, if it doesn't work I may go back to FSX.

Merry Christmas!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to your recent post on my problem, I had clicked, 'Enable Browser notification' hoping I  would receive any responses to my post sadly I didn't? However, I have been carrying out my own investigation on the problem and found there was a conflict issue between the navigraph database which I use,  and Nav Data Pro, brought about by my stupidity in not completing the configurator properly, the Navigraph data source was not selected.

So my thanks to both yourself and Mathijs for responding, and my apologies for wasting your time.

thanks

Jim   

Archived