A330 Fuel Planning Performance Data

DaveCT2003

I've created this forum for discussion of the Aerosoft A330 Professional performance data for flight planning (basiscally Simbrief and PFPX data).

Attached below is a link to the Simbrief profile I created for the Aerosoft A330-343, and attached to this post is a PFPX profile I created for the A330-343.  I'm sure that in time some talented people will improve upon what I'm provided, but you should find my performance information fairly accurate.

Over the weekend (February 14th) I will update this post with a procedure for using Simbrief and the Fuel Planner together for calculating very accurate fuel loads.

Best wishes my friends!

SIMBRIEF Aerosoft A330-343 Professional Aircraft Profile

To use this profile you must first have a Simbrief Account and be logged into it.

A330 Version 1.0.0.8 CLICK HERE

PFPX Aerosoft A330-343 Professional Aircraft Template (presently for version 1.0.0.7 but we'll update this soon)

At the bottom of this post is the template file you can click on to download.  Place the template file in the following folder and you'll be ready to use it to create other A330-343 profiles:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTemplates

SPECIAL NOTE:  Please see the post below for needed information before you can use the PFPX Template:

Aerosoft A330-343.txt

SIMBRIEF FLIGHT / FUEL PLANNING PROCEDURE:

Let's remember that our Fuel Planner does not take into account Great Circle Navigation, which is necessary because despite what Flat Earthers would have you believe, we really do live on a globe/sphere (and I've seen it), and this means that the closest distance between two points is NOT a straight line!  :)   The AS Fuel Planner also does not factor in SIDs or STARs, which depending on the Departure or Arrival can add or reduce the distance flown significantly.  Due to these things (and a few others), the best way to generate a flight plan and calculate the fuel load is to use Simbrief or PFPX.  Both tools take into account Great Circle Navigation and SID/STAR distance flown.

Step 1.

Open the AS Fuel Planner, enter the number of Passengers (PAX) and amount of Cargo.  Note the Zero Fuel Weight (ZFW).

Step 2. 

Open Simbrief or PFPX (and using the Aircraft Profile that we created) set the PAX and Cargo and ZFW to match the AS Fuel Planner Values, set the other values and generate the flight plan. 

Step 3.

Take the Simbrief/PFPX calculated Block Fuel and enter that value directly into the AS Fuel Planner TOTAL FUEL field.  Adjust your Takeoff Trim to the value you wish, and then select Generate Loadsheet.  IGNORE ALL OTHER FUEL PLANNER VALUES - DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING INTO THEM!

Now you can fire up the Aircraft, go to MCDU3 and INIT the Loadsheet and you're off to the races!  Once you've done this a few times you can generate a Simbrief Flight Plan and Generate an Airbus Loadsheet in about 60 seconds.

IMPORTANT - SIMBRIEF FUEL FACTOR 

For the most accurate fuel planning use the following:

500nm-2000nm   use Fuel Factor of P0 (zero)

2001nm 3000nm use a Fuel Factor of M03,

Greater than 3000nm use a Fuel Factor of M05.

* That said, unless you are pushing the Airbus to fly just as far as it will possibly go, I strongly recommend always using a Fuel Factor of P0 (zero), this way you should never have a fuel issue on your flights.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to get Pax, Cargo and Fuel Load Values into the Airbus Professional Aircraft (A318/A319/A320/A321/A330)

Most of your guys will know this, but I created this post to help those who are new to the Aerosoft Airbus Professional.

First, I recommend using either Simbrief or PFPX to calculate the fuel for your flight.  We have provided both a Simbrief and PFPX A330 Profile (first post in this thread) should you wish to use them. 

You are of course welcome to forgo using Simbrief or PFPX and just use the Aerosoft Fuel Planner to calculate these values, however fuel calculations are not quite as accurate as Simbrief or PFPX, but it will get the job done!

NOTE:  If you run P3Dv4 "As Administrator" then please run the Fuel Planner (and all other Airbus Professional applications) "As Administrator".

After you have determined your Pax and Cargo load, and calculated your Fuel Load, there are two ways to get the Pax, Cargo and Fuel Load into your aircraft.

Method 1 (the one I recommend)

You can use the Aerosoft Fuel planner and simply enter the Pax, Cargo and Fuel loads and then go to the bottom right of the Fuel planner and enter the Block Fuel calculated in Simbrief or PFPX.  Then adjust your Center of Gravity (which will adjust your Takeoff Trim) and select Generate Loadsheet. 

Please login to display this image.

When you load the Aircraft, go the MCDU3 (on the Pedestal) select the Fuel and Load Section and then select "INIT Loadsheet".  You can then load the Pax, Cargo and Fuel one at a time by clicking on the respective buttons or use Load Instant.  

You can generate a new loadsheet via the Fuel Planner at anytime, even with the aircraft already loaded.

Method 2

Load the aircraft and using MCDU 3 (on the Pedestal) select the Fuel section and load the values manually.  Note however that at present (at release) you are not able to manually enter the Trim Value here which isn't that big of a deal as you enter the Trim value in the INIT page of MCDU1 or MCDU2 anyway.  This is why I recommend using Method 1 (above).

Hi Dave

Always wondered this … Is it OK to take off with  the Landing Weight in red as long as you burn enough fuel so you are below this weight for landing?

Here's an example

Thanks

Rich

14 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi Dave

Always wondered this … Is it OK to take off with  the Landing Weight in red as long as you burn enough fuel so you are below this weight for landing?

Here's an example

Thanks

Rich

It depends.  Remember that the Fuel Planner does not calculate Departures and Arrivals (SIDs and STARs), so long as you burn off enough fuel, it's fine.

Also, the values in the Fuel Planner are not sacrosanct, Simbrief and PFPX will give you better values and if you use those then you can disregard any red in the Fuel Planner, especially if you are simply adding the Block Fuel down in the Lower Right of the fuel planner and adjusting your CG.

23 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

for method two isn't it more useful to load in a specific ZFW?

It's automatically calculated as soon as you enter the Pax and Cargo regardless of which method you use.

Dave,

When you say to adjust our CG on the planner which will then change our trim, what do you mean? Are we clicking a specific button on the planner? I don't recall simbrief giving CG values so I'm a little confused.

@DaveCT2003, first of all thank you very much for providing us the templates for the new A330! I have a problem, though: Although I placed the PFPX template in the correct folder, it doesn't show up when I use the "New from Template..." function in the PFPX aircraft database. What am I doing wrongly?

8 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

@DaveCT2003, first of all thank you very much for providing us the templates for the new A330! I have a problem, though: Although I placed the PFPX template in the correct folder, it doesn't show up when I use the "New from Template..." function in the PFPX aircraft database. What am I doing wrongly?

Not sure, it shows up for me.  There are some excellent videos on this, just Google something like PFPX Template Video and that should find them.  Mind you, I'm not an expert on PFPX.

9 hours ago, Romano Lara said:

Hi Dave! This is great stuff, thank you. Sorry to hijack, but do you also have this for the A320/A321? :D 

I second this. Correct simbrief profiles for the A318-A321 would be great. CRJ too. Can we start a thread on those aircraft as well?

22 hours ago, Bigt said:

Dave,

When you say to adjust our CG on the planner which will then change our trim, what do you mean? Are we clicking a specific button on the planner? I don't recall simbrief giving CG values so I'm a little confused.

It's a good question.  Center of Gravity is not a Simbrief Calculation and as it's an Aircraft Weight Distribution matter not flight/fuel planning matter per se.  This is why it's important to use the Aerosoft Fuel Planner at the very end so you can get the CG/Trim sent to the aircraft.

Dispatchers do both the Flight/Fuel Planning and the Weight Distribution, which by the way is different for every single aircraft in an airline's fleet.  In flight sim you are the dispatcher, so when you use Simbrief you'll have to use two different tools, one for the Flight/Fuel planning and the other (Aerosoft Fuel Planner) to handle the weight distribution.

I hope this answers your question my friend.

1 minute ago, Kristopher said:

I second this. Correct simbrief profiles for the A318-A321 would be great. CRJ too. Can we start a thread on those aircraft as well?

I have one for the A321 but we're updating that aircrarft (as well as the 6 other aircraft types one gets with the A318/A319 and A320/A321 Bundle), so I need to wait until that is complete before I tackle that one.  That's a total of 7 aircraft... it's a little bit of work and of course I have to find the time to do it which is getting harder and harder to do!  But once we get the A320 Series update out / thoroughly tested I'll do my best to find time for this.

vor 19 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Not sure, it shows up for me.  There are some excellent videos on this, just Google something like PFPX Template Video and that should find them.  Mind you, I'm not an expert on PFPX.

Thanks, I don't have much time to do a deeper research currently, but so far, my search didn't produce any helpful results.

20 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Which version of PFPX ?

Do you have the required performance file ( A330-343 TRENT 772B_v3.00.per ) located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes

If not obtain and install the file from AirlinerPerformance

Thank you for your swift response, @srcooke! I've downloaded the performance file and put in the corresponding folder, now also the A330 template shows up in my aircraft database menu. Funny, I didn't know that you always have to have the template AND a corresponding performance file in order to make the template work. I thought that those two are completely independent from each other.

Maybe you can add srcooke's advice to your opening post, @DaveCT2003? I guess that also other users don't have that performance file yet and should install it, too.

By the way, I'm using PFPX version 2.03.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's a good question.  Center of Gravity is not a Simbrief Calculation and as it's an Aircraft Weight Distribution matter not flight/fuel planning matter per se.  This is why it's important to use the Aerosoft Fuel Planner at the very end so you can get the CG/Trim sent to the aircraft.

Dispatchers do both the Flight/Fuel Planning and the Weight Distribution, which by the way is different for every single aircraft in an airline's fleet.  In flight sim you are the dispatcher, so when you use Simbrief you'll have to use two different tools, one for the Flight/Fuel planning and the other (Aerosoft Fuel Planner) to handle the weight distribution.

I hope this answers your question my friend.

So are we just hitting the "reset" button for the CG or simply moving the slider to a neutral location? Sorry for the 100 questions.

4 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

Funny, I didn't know that you always have to have the template AND a corresponding performance file in order to make the template work. I thought that those two are completely independent from each other.

The performance file contains the working data.

A template provides a method of adjusting weights, capacities and other data for a specific addon. From that you can then simply call on the template and add a number of registrations should you have a fleet. You could have varying templates of differing configurations linked to the one performance file.

28 minutes ago, Bigt said:

So are we just hitting the "reset" button for the CG or simply moving the slider to a neutral location? Sorry for the 100 questions.

Just move the slider.

Vor 1 Stunde, srcooke sagte:

The performance file contains the working data.

A template provides a method of adjusting weights, capacities and other data for a specific addon. From that you can then simply call on the template and add a number of registrations should you have a fleet. You could have varying templates of differing configurations linked to the one performance file.

Thank you very much for the explanation, Stephen! Apparently you are not only an expert on real-world flying. 😉

Archived