A330 Fuel Planning Performance Data

DaveCT2003

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dave for the info. I wish I had seen this before I tried my first long haul in the A330. I used the planner but it was way too low compared to Simbrief. I used the Final Reserve to get my Total Fuel to match. What puzzled me is Fuel Predictor showed I would run out of fuel. So I increased the Total Fuel by another 3000 KG and still showed I was low on fuel. However I landed with an extra 5.1kg. I got a nice headwind but it seems Simbrief and Fuel Planner wasn’t correct.  My flight was KIAD to EDDM. I ended up loading 45,000 kg.

My friends,

The upcoming update for the A330 contains some changes to both the aircraft weights (thus the fuel burn performance) and the Fuel Planner.

In anticipation of the upcoming A330 update (the next version after 1.0.0.7), I have created a new Simbrief A330 Profile that has proved to be very accurate in testing.  Last night I did a flight from EDDM to KSFO (5100nm flight) and the fuel load turned out to be SPOT on (less than a .025% difference).  I allowed for no extra fuel whatsoever in my fuel calculations and I landed with .1kg of fuel.  I don't think I can get things any close than that.  I don't recommend using the new Simbrief A330 profile until you have the upcoming update, as the aircraft weights and thus fuel burn will be a bit different.

I also have a new procedure for you guys using Simbrief, and I will update the first post in this thread in just a little bit to include the new procedure..

I have not yet had an opportunity to create a new PFPX aircraft template, but I hope to get this done before the update is released next week.

Below is link to the first post in this thread which contains the new Simbrief profile.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, pepo340300 said:

Is the any plan to increase the aerosoft a330 max fuel capacity? I've checked in the real characterisitcs and the a/c trully can carry out 97 170 litros.

Any chance you checked the A330-300 with and without center fuel tank? Its correct as is.

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Any chance you checked the A330-300 with and without center fuel tank? Its correct as is.

You're wright, but is there any plan to increase fuel capacity in the aerosoft a330? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave. I just noticed that whenever I try to add cargo in SimBrief, the final briefing file always reflects 0.0 in the cargo. Even though I'm always entering 6.6. Any ideas why that is?

8 hours ago, Romano Lara said:

Hi Dave. I just noticed that whenever I try to add cargo in SimBrief, the final briefing file always reflects 0.0 in the cargo. Even though I'm always entering 6.6. Any ideas why that is?

I don't. I would contact Derek at Simbrief and ask about that.

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, AFR2638 said:

Hello, 

is it possible to upload data directly from SIMBRIEF to A330 MCDU ?

JM

You can download and save the FPLN on disk. That can then automatically be up linked into MCDU when you enter the Corte or citypair.

For weather uplink you have to load the FPLN in active sky or generate a matching wx file (PMDG fileformat) that is stored in the simroot\PMDG\WX folder.

The loading can be entered manually in MCDU3 or first set in fuelplaner to generate the loadsheet and then loaded into MCDU. Working with loadsheet is the preferred way.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, radeon29 said:

Sorry, I wanted to know if there is such a topic for a320?

I haven't had time to create a Simbrief profile for the smaller buses, but when I do I will post it in my first post in this thread.  I won't be creating PFPX templates for the smaller buses as they already exist.

Thank you, we will wait, as well as:

On 12/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

PFPX Aerosoft A330-343 Professional Aircraft Template (presently for version 1.0.0.7 but we'll update this soon)

29 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

Thank you, we will wait, as well as:

I'll double check later, but I believe I already updated that in the initial post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 4:16 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I haven't had time to create a Simbrief profile for the smaller buses, but when I do I will post it in my first post in this thread.  I won't be creating PFPX templates for the smaller buses as they already exist.

Eagerly waiting.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello DaveCT2003,
PS: Just a reminder:
The question was for the smaller buses a SIM letter profile like for A330. Has been requested several times since the A330 was released in 2019.
I didn't think that would appear to be an insoluble problem for the development.
So far only "HOLD HOLD HOLD".
So it is right to just sit out your own report and
stop responding. The users will then give up at some point, be calm and no longer ask annoying questions.
Bravo, keep it up.
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo DaveCT2003,
PS: Nur nochmal zur Erinnerung: 
Die Frage war für die kleineren Busse ein SIMBrief Profil wie für A330. Ist seit erscheinen des A330 von 2019 mehrfach angefragt worden.
Scheint für die Entwicklung ein unlösliches Problem zu sein, hätte ich nicht gedacht.
Bis jetzt nur " HOLD HOLD HOLD  ". 
So ist es richtig, den eigenen Bericht einfach aussitzen und 
nicht mehr reagieren. Die User werden dann schon irgendwann aufgeben, ruhig sein und keine lästigen Fragen mehr stellen. 
Bravo , weiter so.
CFG874 Bernd 

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2020 at 4:22 AM, CFG874 said:

Hello DaveCT2003,
PS: Just a reminder:
The question was for the smaller buses a SIM letter profile like for A330. Has been requested several times since the A330 was released in 2019.
I didn't think that would appear to be an insoluble problem for the development.
So far only "HOLD HOLD HOLD".
So it is right to just sit out your own report and
stop responding. The users will then give up at some point, be calm and no longer ask annoying questions.
Bravo, keep it up.
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo DaveCT2003,
PS: Nur nochmal zur Erinnerung: 
Die Frage war für die kleineren Busse ein SIMBrief Profil wie für A330. Ist seit erscheinen des A330 von 2019 mehrfach angefragt worden.
Scheint für die Entwicklung ein unlösliches Problem zu sein, hätte ich nicht gedacht.
Bis jetzt nur " HOLD HOLD HOLD  ". 
So ist es richtig, den eigenen Bericht einfach aussitzen und 
nicht mehr reagieren. Die User werden dann schon irgendwann aufgeben, ruhig sein und keine lästigen Fragen mehr stellen. 
Bravo , weiter so.
CFG874 Bernd 

It's just a matter of my finding the time to create them.  Please understand that Simbrief is not our product (though I am a huge supporter and love Derek and his fine work), so creating aircraft profiles is done on a personal basis, not a support type thing.

Rest assured I do have this on my To Do List my friend. 

Best wishes.

• 1 month later...

Here are the details I use in Simbrief for the A320 and A321. I have cross-referenced these from aircraft.cfg so they are reasonably accurate for our simulated aircraft.

A320 IAE non-sharklet

Max pax 180

OEW 43979kg

MZFW 62500kg

MTOW 77000kg

MLW 66000kg (not defined in aircraft.cfg, so who knows!)

Max fuel 19151kg

Pax weight 84kg

Fuel factor P03-P05 seems to give best result.

A321 IAE

Max pax 220

OEW 50295kg

MZFW 73800kg

MTOW 93500kg

MLW 77800kg (not defined in aircraft.cfg)

Max fuel 19151kg (which should be greater but that's what aircraft.cfg says... I think our jet has the engines of the A321 but the fuel capacity of the A320)

Pax weight 84kg

Fuel factor P03-P05 seems to give best result.

The fuel planner needs rewriting but I don't have the skills, though I know what should be done to it. It will underload your fuel by around 15% on a short sector of 60-90 minutes because it doesn't add SID and STAR to the route. It only calculates a straight line distance between departure and destination so you must manually modify the flight distance with the Simbrief value to get a more accurate fuel figure. On the A320 (both engines) a finres of 1.5T is about right for aircraft weight of ~56T.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, since a paywall has been added to the airline performance website, is there another way for us to obtain the PFPX templates for the Areosoft A330 and A320 series?

Thank You

Archived