A330 Fuel Planning Performance Data

DaveCT2003

On 12/7/2019 at 11:26 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

How to get Pax, Cargo and Fuel Load Values into the Airbus Professional Aircraft (A318/A319/A320/A321/A330)

Most of your guys will know this, but I created this post to help those who are new to the Aerosoft Airbus Professional.

First, I recommend using either Simbrief or PFPX to calculate the fuel for your flight.  We have provided both a Simbrief and PFPX A330 Profile (first post in this thread) should you wish to use them. 

You are of course welcome to forgo using Simbrief or PFPX and just use the Aerosoft Fuel Planner to calculate these values, however fuel calculations are not quite as accurate as Simbrief or PFPX, but it will get the job done!

NOTE:  If you run P3Dv4 "As Administrator" then please run the Fuel Planner (and all other Airbus Professional applications) "As Administrator".

After you have determined your Pax and Cargo load, and calculated your Fuel Load, there are two ways to get the Pax, Cargo and Fuel Load into your aircraft.

Method 1 (the one I recommend)

You can use the Aerosoft Fuel planner and simply enter the Pax, Cargo and Fuel loads and then go to the bottom right of the Fuel planner and enter the Block Fuel calculated in Simbrief or PFPX.  Then adjust your Center of Gravity (which will adjust your Takeoff Trim) and select Generate Loadsheet. 

Please login to display this image.

When you load the Aircraft, go the MCDU3 (on the Pedestal) select the Fuel and Load Section and then select "INIT Loadsheet".  You can then load the Pax, Cargo and Fuel one at a time by clicking on the respective buttons or use Load Instant.  

You can generate a new loadsheet via the Fuel Planner at anytime, even with the aircraft already loaded.

Method 2

Load the aircraft and using MCDU 3 (on the Pedestal) select the Fuel section and load the values manually.  Note however that at present (at release) you are not able to manually enter the Trim Value here which isn't that big of a deal as you enter the Trim value in the INIT page of MCDU1 or MCDU2 anyway.  This is why I recommend using Method 1 (above).

Could I ask a quick question? When manually moving the slider to set the trim after setting pax+cargo how do I know I am moving it to the right area or setting?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, easydavid14 said:

Could I ask a quick question? When manually moving the slider to set the trim after setting pax+cargo how do I know I am moving it to the right area or setting?

The possible CG should be limited by itself.

Else you can check, if the TO TRIM is in a valid range:

And with the PFPX with the profile imported from Aerlinerperformance.net for this Airbus A330, creating a flight plan, the data generated will be correct, to apply them, without having to use the SimBrief?

Yes the data will be correct, whilst I do not have the AS bus I have generated valid flightplans, no need for Simbrief at all.

Just configure weights and capacities to match the AS A330 and/or your preferred carrier, along with any specific equipment requirements.

1 hour ago, xj143x@yahoo.com said:

I noticed that the Per file and aircraft cfg are off about 7000 KG so which one should I use? Change the per file to reflect the CFG?

I believe there are several different performance files (not Per file... creating your own abbreviations is going to confuse people, especially those for whom English is not their first language!  LOL!), in this thread.  Which one are you referring to me my friend?

7 hours ago, Miguel_V said:

And with the PFPX with the profile imported from Aerlinerperformance.net for this Airbus A330, creating a flight plan, the data generated will be correct, to apply them, without having to use the SimBrief?

Simbrief and PFPX are two programs which do the same thing (though PFPX takes things a bit further), so why would you think you have to use Simbrief in order to use PFPX? 

The .per file is an encrypted format of the performance file used in PFPX and cannot be edited.

A user may then adjust weights, capacities and equipment to match an addon when adding an aircraft registration using the add aircraft function.

Please see the three attached photos to better understand what am trying to say. As you can see from the photos, Number 1 shows PFPX flightplan with 297 Pax, release fuel of 64181, Cargo of 8365. So ZFW shown  is 168730 with a TOW of 232661. When i enter all that into MCDU 3 and load, i get print out (photo 2) showing  ZFW  160678 and TOW 224878. So what am i doing wrong? Please help as am beyond stumped. Thanks

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe there are several different performance files (not Per file... creating your own abbreviations is going to confuse people, especially those for whom English is not their first language!  LOL!), in this thread.  Which one are you referring to me my friend?

Simbrief and PFPX are two programs which do the same thing (though PFPX takes things a bit further), so why would you think you have to use Simbrief in order to use PFPX? 

DAVE : Because in PFPX there is no PROFILE for the Airbus A333 if there is the A332, which is not the case. And I think the values do not coincide, and when I create a flight plan, I want them to be in accordance with the aircraft I'm using, so I look for them in Airliner Performance.net, where I can download and apply it in PFPX, SimBrief use it very rarely, is more use PFPX and AivlaSoft together.

1 hour ago, Miguel_V said:

DAVE : Because in PFPX there is no PROFILE for the Airbus A333 if there is the A332, which is not the case. And I think the values do not coincide, and when I create a flight plan, I want them to be in accordance with the aircraft I'm using, so I look for them in Airliner Performance.net, where I can download and apply it in PFPX, SimBrief use it very rarely, is more use PFPX and AivlaSoft together.

Miguel it has been answered many a time here and in the PFPX topic you posted, SEE POST NUMBER 1 posted by Dave where he has provided a template and download the performance file for the A330-343 again as posted from AirlinerPerformance and install to PFPX as published on that site.

1 minute ago, xj143x@yahoo.com said:

Stephen,

Any help on my situation with the weights being different?

Sorry but I do not have the AS A330.

With all other aircraft I use I load from PFPX data only, and using the ZFW figure and pax/cargo numbers.

4 hours ago, xj143x@yahoo.com said:

Ok no worries, Thanks. Maybe Dave cab shed some light,

Forgive me my friend if you've already answered this, but I'm bouncing around through all sorts of post pretty quickly (kind of hit and run so soon after release)... must be well over a hundred posts!

Are you using the A330 profile I created?  Or a different one?  The one I created should work pretty well.

Hi Dave,

I totally understand, i am using your profile in conjunction with the performance file from airlineperformance.net. At this point i think i might reinstall PFPX and see if that might help unless you have any other ideas i can try. Thanks

3 hours ago, xj143x@yahoo.com said:

Hi Dave,

I totally understand, i am using your profile in conjunction with the performance file from airlineperformance.net. At this point i think i might reinstall PFPX and see if that might help unless you have any other ideas i can try. Thanks

I must apologize as I'm far from a PFPX expert!  Reinstalling PFPX isn't a bad idea though, it's pretty quick and painless. I just wonder if there is away you might be able to save any existing/custom aircraft profiles you may have, or maybe those files are part of the problem?  I would cruise over to the PFPX support forum and get some help or advice from the PFPX developer before you uninstall?

Sorry I could not be of more help my friend.

Hi Dave,

No worries you tired and i appreciate all your effort. Am still getting 8000kg difference between PFPX and A330 weights. I will maybe email support and see what they can offer. Thanks again. 

5 hours ago, xj143x@yahoo.com said:

Hi Dave,

No worries you tired and i appreciate all your effort. Am still getting 8000kg difference between PFPX and A330 weights. I will maybe email support and see what they can offer. Thanks again. 

Sent you a PM

Hi Dave,

Just confirming, when adding the PFPX calculated block fuel, you move the CG slider to the value of TOW %mac for the correct pitch trim. Is that correct?

Thanks

Craig

17 hours ago, craigy said:

Hi Dave,

Just confirming, when adding the PFPX calculated block fuel, you move the CG slider to the value of TOW %mac for the correct pitch trim. Is that correct?

Thanks

Craig

Correct.

Archived