CTD When Clicking on PFD

When I'm in the virtual cockpit and I click on the PFD or MFD to get the 2D pop-up, about 1 in 4 times the sim (P3D V4.5 with all hot fixes) will crash to the desktop.

I'm running the latest version of the CRJ that was released a few days ago.

Any suggestions to stop this would be helpful.

FYI, I have charts disabled in the EFB.

I was having the same issue. By using a program like Chaseplane, I have made custom views so I don’t have to click on gages like the PFD or MFD. Not the ideal fix, but it works. After about 30 minutes of flight, I won’t touch anything that requires a new window to pop up. 

In full disclosure, I haven’t flown the CRJ since the update. Just too busy this week. So I do t know if the update addressed the issue or not. One thing I know I was doing was selecting the CRJ from the scenario screen instead of loading a flight with a default aircraft and then selecting the CRJ. Reading the forum posts, I know now that’s not what I’m supposed to do. Next flight I do with the CRJ, I’ll load it correctly to see if that fixes the issue. 

Cheers,

colin

Archived