Sharp turns using VNAV

Hi,

I've noticed the CRJ Pro takes even slight turns in the max 30 degrees.

It also has some issues sometimes intercepting the next leg and gets into 1-2 S-turns.

Is this normal, the way a real CRJ behaves like?

The only thing I can tell you is that I last saw this behavior on the "old" CRJ version.
There a too high speed on the turn was enough for the old CRJ to lose course or miss a waypoint.

But already during the beta-tests there was a clear improvement and these S-turns didn't show up when intercepting a flight route, at least for me.
Flying a flight route including SID and STARS with the necessary direction changes also works very well with the CRJPro.

Would you have the flight route available where the problem occurred?

Wolfgang

2 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

The only thing I can tell you is that I last saw this behavior on the "old" CRJ version.
There a too high speed on the turn was enough for the old CRJ to lose course or miss a waypoint.

But already during the beta-tests there was a clear improvement and these S-turns didn't show up when intercepting a flight route, at least for me.
Flying a flight route including SID and STARS with the necessary direction changes also works very well with the CRJPro.

Would you have the flight route available where the problem occurred?

Wolfgang

It happens every flight....

If the next waypoint requires a slight 15 degree turn (when VNAV is selected) the aircraft will perform a sharp turn to intercept it.

In other aircraft this can be set manually to 30 or max but the default is auto where turns are mostly subtle.

Again the real aircraft may behave this way,  it just seems weird.

Archived