Aerosoft CRJ Profesional and Navigraph FMS Data Manager

Today NAVIGRAPH has updated the "Mavigraph FMS Data Manager" and my doubt has arisen when I have observed the following.

Aerosoft in the forum, when I asked them the question if I had to modify the location of the AIRACS so that the Professional CRJ could read correctly or know where they would be updated, they told me to modify this new location...>>>>.

Please login to display this image.

The doubt arose when I saw that after updating in "Mavigraph FMS Data Manager" has been loaded (updated?) another location "Aerosoft CRJ Professional", that looking at that location THERE IS NO CARPET "DATA" which is where supposedly DOES NOT COINCIDE with the CREATED by AEROSOFT the folder "DATA" and where supposedly CRJ will read the AIRACS updated every month of the year.

Which of the two IS CORRECT, or do we need to upgrade to CORRECT?

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:
1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

With today's update, Navigraph's FMS Data Manager is supposed to support the CRJ. No more workaround needed.

With today's update, Navigraph's FMS Data Manager is supposed to support the CRJ. No more workaround needed.

With the answer you've given me, it doesn't solve the question I've asked....so I repeat it.

in C:\Users>Users>Documents\Aerosoft

There's no folder... DATA.

That is the one that you supposedly with the version of CRJ Professional, placed it in another place, and that supposedly when loading in the FMS the route, is where the ICAO of the Departure, Arrival and Alternative Airports are looked for, to be able to load SID, STAR, APP and other data as the FIX for example and data of ILS etc.....

When a week ago and something, published the CRJ Professional observe that incongruence of location, I put a THREAD and you indicated to me that the CORRECT was the LAST that is to say this...>>>

C:\USERS\<USER>\DOCUMENTS\AEROSOFT\AEROSOFT CRJ PROFESSIONAL\DATA

and so I did it and updated the corresponding AIRAC in the DATA folder, from NAVIGRAPH, where there is the NAVDATA folder, and I checked in the CRJ in its FMS if it was updated to the LAST AIRAC, and so it was.

the question I originally asked was, CRJ from your FMC will locate the AIRACs that are updated to what NAVIGRAPH is supposed to install, supposedly in the Documents\Aerosoft RAIZ? or you have to tell it again where to LOAD them for CRJ to read them correctly.

Well it most decidedly is not working for me. Navigraph directs the data to FMS Data Manager\ [REGPATH]. Here there is a directory chain Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\NavData\   that contains the folders [REGPATH] and PROC. 

[REGPATH] contains another Aerosoft CRJ Professional folder that in turn contains another Data folder which contains folder NavData (empty on my machine).

The folder PROC contains a folder [REGPATH] which, in turn, contains another Aerosoft CRJ Professional folder that contains another Data folder that contains a NavData folder that contains another PROC folder that is in turn, empty.

I have no idea where the putative Navigraph 1913 update went but it certainly did not update in the aircraft.

I have a Matryoshka directory chain. Is this a unique situation or are others seeing similar results?

Ron H

As you can see I have decided to update.......the AIRACs including the CRP Professional, crossing my fingers......

In the end I checked if it has been updated in the right place ? ? ? ? ? ? ? the AIRAC 1913, so it seems that it has.

Now the question is, if you uninstall the previous CRJ 700/900, how can I use the CRJ Manager application for 550/700/900 if these in CRJ Professional do not have EFB. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the Navigraph FMS Data Manager can't know where you have installed the CRJ to, you need to help him a little bit (just like with many other add-ons).

When adding the Aerosoft CRJ Professional to the add-on list you need to select it's installation folder. This is the folder, in which the "Aerosoft CRJ Professional" folder resides.

If you have installed the CRJ into your Documents folder, this is the folder you need to select:

• C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\Aerosoft

If you have installed the CRJ to some other folder, you need to select that folder of course. It is important that you select the "Aerosoft" folder, not the "Aerosoft CRJ Professional" folder which resides within the "Aerosoft" folder.

That's all you need to do. Afterwards the Navigraph FMS Data Manager will work just fine. 

I have just checked with the CRJ 1000 Pro of Air Nostrum in the GATE 43 of Manises Valencia LEVC and I have loaded a flight plan that I have created with SimBrief to Lisbon LPPT with alternative to Seville.

At the moment it has been loaded in All correct without errors with Navigraph cards (Olympic Step already trying to use the NAVDATA Pro Charts) as can be seen in the Image....

Can I uninstall the previous version of CRJ 700/900, Will I have problems?

I decided to do a "manual install" from Navigraph rather than the desktop manager and track down the location of the introduced files. The CRJ is actually loaded in C:\Program Files (x86) as are my Airbus Pro. The NavData for Airbus are located in User\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Navigraph. However, the manual install put the Navigraph data in C:\Program Files (x86)\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\NavData. Now I will point to that location for future desktop updates and see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, the CRJ navigation data belongs into the "Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\NavData" folder.

Nevertheless you must not point the FMS Data Manager on that folder but on the one I mentioned above. It will then (and only then) place the navigation data into the correct folder.

I can't quite believe what made it happen but the button in Options that refers to EFB charts disengaged without my knowledge. I had previously successfully authorized, saved Options settings and had no problems. This reminds me of my days as an RAF electronics instructor when setting up problems for personnel to troubleshoot. We would sometimes remove power to the bench to make sure that people looked for the most basic items first. Well Nemesis struck back and I was smote! After fixing this basic option, I'm pleased but red-faced to report that all is now working. Thanks for your nudge!

Archived