A330 Professional Paintkit

Hello everyone,

first of all I have to admit I am also really excited for the Release of the Airbus.

As I am a livery Painter (a A319 Master which is/was available in the forum is mine) I can't wait to get my hands on some blank textures so I can start painting... :)

I just did read the manual of the Paintkit and I have some remarks I would like to share with you:

As I have painted quite a selection of different Aircraft types (AS, FSLabs, PMDG, Toliss, FF, QW ....) with different paintkits I have to admit the AS Liveries for the A319/A320/A321/CRJ where often more "time consuming" compared to other Types. This has several reasons:

• a) Lack of a complete Master (as I read there will be one in 2020)
  • b) A splitted Tail texture with a separated rudder (never understood the reason for that, no one else does that)
  • c) a seperated belly section (this also caused me some sleepless nights with some liveries)
  • d) Paintkits with old paint layers of the default liveries (one wing was merged with a red painted layer, so you could not "deactivate" the color)

Getting rid of b + c and adding Option a would improve the speed of making a Livery for you much faster! :)  (If not for the A330, then maybe for upcoming Birds!) :)

Thinking of the possibility that there will be a lot of updates, I ask myself wheter it is possible to add a small cfg file into the texture that adds the aircraft automatically to the central aircraft.cfg. I have seen that on other aircrafts and it is a big help when you have to update or reinstall a new build.

What I really apreciate, is your Livery Manager. I hope this Tool has to be further improved (e.g. Livery Import via Download or texture update funcionality) to an Operation Center. :)

Please take my points as constructive remarks and not as nagging. ;)

So let us hope the week is passing by fast. :)

Regards,

Max

1 minute ago, Airmax said:
  • b) A splitted Tail texture with a separated rudder (never understood the reason for that, no one else does that)

Having painted multiple XP aircraft, I actually prefer this. If you have any decals that recess behind the tail, you can paint that aswell. It's annoying, but less of a pain in the grand-scheme of things.

vor 7 Minuten, Delta_Who sagte:

Having painted multiple XP aircraft, I actually prefer this. If you have any decals that recess behind the tail, you can paint that aswell. It's annoying, but less of a pain in the grand-scheme of things.

That is a valid argument. But comparing the times I had the problem you are describing and the times I had to duplicate and cut my tail painting and then starting to count pixels, there clearly is a winner ;)

Actually the Toliss or FF Tails are not separated, neither the PMDG or QW Tails, so I am not sure what decals you are refering to.

Regards,

Max

Decal was a poor choice of words.

Please login to display this image.

Referring to this really blurry image of an A330 tail (best example I could find) where the design continues around the actual rudder. By keeping the rudder seperate, you can control what the base texture here looks like, modify the livery around it, and have your baked AO layers and dirt around it without disrupting the main tail.

But I'm not disputing your experience :P

On 12/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, Airmax said:

• a) Lack of a complete Master (as I read there will be one in 2020)
  • c) a seperated belly section (this also caused me some sleepless nights with some liveries)
  • d) Paintkits with old paint layers of the default liveries (one wing was merged with a red painted layer, so you could not "deactivate" the color)

I agree 100% with you. A master to fuse and tail will make our work easier. :)

Archived