Professional CRJ with EFB using NAVIGRAPH or NAVDATA Pro CHARTS

Miguel_V

After applying the HOT FIX 2.0.0.1, waiting for the access to NAVIGRAPH or LIDO cards to be fixed, the bug in my case remains the same in one of the two types, I don't know the rest of the users of the Professional CRJ and the EFB if something has been fixed.

Selecting NAVIGRAPH I get here, so far without problems. I haven't tried more things like DESTINATION and Alternative in a loaded Flight Plan.

Please login to display this image.

with regard to letters LIDO (NAVData Pro Chart) I arrive up to introduce the ICAO of the airport BARCELONA in platform Parking 314, but when doing click in the Airport, everything is going to make punches with the Prepar3D included.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Sorry Tom, but he can't. I closed the previous thread because it didn't concern 2.0.0.1.

@Miguel_V Do I understand you correctly that you selected the "APC" chart for LEBL?

Yes, as can be seen in the second image, in which I try to visualize the LIDO cards, of the ICAO ...LEBL... When I click to load them (as it happens in NAVIGRAPH) and thus be able to select SID, STAR, APP or TAXI within seconds of doing so, not instantaneously, the error comes out.

By the way, this morning when I saw that you announced the HOT FIX Experimental 2.0.0.1, I updated it, hoping that it would work, but it hasn't worked that way.

With reference to the other thread, a few days ago I wanted to create another one in which reference was made to the LIDO letters, because the original thread only put NAVIGRAPH, as you have seen in this I have put NAVIGRAPH or LIDO, as far as I am concerned if you have closed it, for me it is correct, not to bind the readers, with this one.

One thing that may or may not help is the following, when through the WEB application I select LEBL, I get two AIRPORTS, as seen in the image....>>>>

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

One thing that may or may not help is the following, when through the WEB application I select LEBL, I get two AIRPORTS

This is correct, as it does not only search for the ICAO code, but als the name, and the 2nd airport you see is named "Romeo Leblanc Intl."

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

This is correct, as it does not only search for the ICAO code, but als the name, and the 2nd airport you see is named "Romeo Leblanc Intl."

Maybe that's the ERROR, you don't know what to carry? I will try at another airport....

Well there is the error or failure, for those who have the airport of BARCELONA and fly to or take off, with the letters LIDO, IMPOSSIBLE, I do not know if that happens in other airports that with the ICAO are selected more.

I have loaded the CRJ 1000 Pro of Air Nostrum in the Airport of VALENCIA....LEVC.... and they have been loaded without problems, EXCEPT that when selecting TAXI I have tried to present the APC APC Nort.... the famous already CRASH appears ipsofacto. The position is Parking 42 in LEVC....the image is as far as I have managed to go.

• Developer

I will look into this. But one thing please: Although it's technically possible to switch between Navigraph and NavDataPro directly, I recommend to re-load the aircraft after doing this. Just to make sure everything is properly initialized. Usually, customers only have one set of charts and only do the selection once 😉

23 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I will look into this. But one thing please: Although it's technically possible to switch between Navigraph and NavDataPro directly, I recommend to re-load the aircraft after doing this. Just to make sure everything is properly initialized. Usually, customers only have one set of charts and only do the selection once 😉

If I even close Prepar3D each time, the next image is NAVIGRAPH.

in this case the AIRPLANE DOES NOT appear in the letter, which it does in Barcelona.

• Developer

The crash you get with NavDataPro is caused by a new (and until now not known to me) chart type which caused a buffer overflow. As this chart type only exists for very few airports (mostly in Spain), we didn't notice during testing. It's fixed now and will be available with the next update.

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The crash you get with NavDataPro is caused by a new (and until now not known to me) chart type which caused a buffer overflow. As this chart type only exists for very few airports (mostly in Spain), we didn't notice during testing. It's fixed now and will be available with the next update.

Thanks for your time in trying to find a solution, then I wait for the next update, CRJ or NavDataPro Charts?

• 3 weeks later...

I have done the latest update and I still get CTD if I switch charts in flight. All charts seem fine when readying the flight.  I get switch back and forth without problems.  However,  for example, I use the taxi chart when I initial taxi roll.  I then switch to SID after take off.  No problem.  But when switching to the STAR in mid flight prior to initiating my decent I get the dreaded CTD.  

This has been tested numerous times.  I also have the latest HF2 for PMDG 4.5.  Just want to see if there is a solution for this.  Plane works fine without charts being accessed!

Hello, recently purchased this product for Prepar3d v4.5 with HF2, same issue as Benjamin Elder, in flight if I switch chart to a STAR, immediately get a CTD, has happened every time I tried it.

Thanks

Hello Hans,

Thank you very much for the update. Unfortunitly I personally still get CTD when selecting a Chart, no metter which airport. I use NDP Charts.

Merry Christmas to everybody 

Archived