EDDF installing questions please

Good morning,

I bought the great EDDF airport yesterday and installed as instructions says.

The first thing I did, was deleting the default Aerosoft EDDF folder.

Every time I check for new updates for XP (I use to install even the betas), the updater check for missing files and repair them so the Aerosoft EDDF folder is created again.

Is there any way to avoid this?

I also installed SAM folder but do I need to activate or add SAM scenery using the SAM authoring tool? What do I need to delete first as the file in the zip folder says? 

Regarding this tool, once the aircraft is parked, the jetway approaches to the door but the extensible part of the jetway does not cover the fuselage. I don't know how that part is called sorry. Is it not modeled?

And last question, I expected to find a lot of LH aircrafts but there is no one there. I tried with both options, using XLife free plugin and activating static airplanes instead. Is that normal?

Thanks very much and sorry if this has been discussed already. I searched for responses but no answer found.

Best regards,

Xiropillo

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , xiropillo sagte:

Every time I check for new updates for XP (I use to install even the betas), the updater check for missing files and repair them so the Aerosoft EDDF folder is created again.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Yes - don't delete this folder but disable it in Scenery_Packs.ini:

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/

vor 3 Stunden , xiropillo sagte:

I also installed SAM folder but do I need to activate or add SAM scenery using the SAM authoring tool?

You don't need to activate anything but you have to make sure there is no older version of SAM or SAM_Library installed so if you have used an older version before please remove SAM_Library from Custom Scenery and SAM from Resources/plugins before installing the new version. If this is the first time installing SAM you can skip these steps.

8 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Yes - don't delete this folder but disable it in Scenery_Packs.ini:

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/

You don't need to activate anything but you have to make sure there is no older version of SAM or SAM_Library installed so if you have used an older version before please remove SAM_Library from Custom Scenery and SAM from Resources/plugins before installing the new version. If this is the first time installing SAM you can skip these steps.

Thanks very much for your help. Do you know something about LH aircrafts not appearing and jetways not covering the aircraft door? Is that the design of the jetways?

EDIT: Sorry and forget about LH aircrafts. Sometimes is important reading instructions fully. Followed Technical Instructions about MisterX Library and Bluebell XL files. Now I see LH aircrafts there.

• Developer

I'm afraid I can't help you with the jetways stuff as I don't own the aiport and I'm not involved in the development or something like this so I have to pass on this.

😞

52 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

I'm afraid I can't help you with the jetways stuff as I don't own the aiport and I'm not involved in the development or something like this so I have to pass on this.

😞

Thanks anyway for your help.

Regards

Archived