Grainy Night Time Ground Textures at EGLL?

MrYorkiesWorld

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having some issues with grainy / noisy textures happening at Aerosoft (SimWings) Mega Airport Professional EGLL.

I seem to remember having a similar issue in the past with a different scenery and there was a fix for this, but I can't remember what the fix was.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue, a copy of my cfg file and some screenshots of my in-sim slider settings if this helps!

@DaveCT2003 I have sent you a PM containing my order information - thanks again for offering your help on this! :)

Regards,

Yorkie

Please login to display this image.

Prepar3D.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

At least I would change the following:

Lighting:

- turn on HDR

- leave Bloom off

- turn of lens flare (the human eye got no lens flare ;) )

World:

- use high-resolution terrain texture

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

At least I would change the following:

Lighting:

- turn on HDR

- leave Bloom off

- turn of lens flare (the human eye got no lens flare ;) )

World:

- use high-resolution terrain texture

Exactly the same issue when using all of those suggestions I'm afraid...

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's what I see:

Have you turned on DL in the EGLL Configurator. or do you have any tool installed, influencing the look of textures, like a shader tool?

7 minutes ago, mopperle said:

That's what I see:

Have you turned on DL in the EGLL Configurator. or do you have any tool installed, influencing the look of textures, like a shader tool?

I've tried with the Dynamic Lights in the config tool turned off and also with them turned on but with no difference.

In terms of shaders, I do use TomatoShade with the R&D Preset, and I've tried clearing the shader folder in P3D to let the sim rebuilt it, however none of this has worked.

-Yorkie

36 minutes ago, mopperle said:

That's what I see:

So just a quick update on this - it now appears that the issue is indeed visible during the day time as well!

I just noticed this after doing this same departure a few times and testing out some settings - you can see from the screenshot that it appears to happen all the time, but just seems to be more visible during the night.

Any possible way to fix this?

-Yorkie

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mine looks totally different. What makes me wondering is the shimmering texture of the Apron. Somehow I have the feeling, that these are not the original textures. And everything looks quite dark for that time of the day and weather. So I still think about a shader issue.

Archived