Charts offline?

Riky FSX

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The iPhone app has been withdrawn from the Apple store as it no longer compatible with the new chart formats.

Oh, I did not know that! Thanks for the info. Haven‘t tried on my iPad yet....

Oh wow Aerosoft!

You also deleted the iPAD app??? That comes quite as a Surprise and shock tbh. Mobile devices, especially tablets are pretty much standard nowadays, and you‘re taking a step BACK and remove them from the service??? I don’t get that. And it is also very disappointing, I bought the one year subscription especially for the mobile functionality you promised. You cant just remove one part of the product I purchased without substitution ....  The web access is useless on tablets! Without the mobile app, I can not use the product as I did before.

Please don’t take this personal (esp. Tom), I’m simply a loyal but in this case disappointed customer: Can this whole situation be a valid reason to file for a refund?

Regards

Stu

I fully agree with Disco79. The only reason I use this is because of the app. I fly in full screen mode with the iPad next to me. As real as it gets, and also the most convenient. I still have a subscription untill June... Please reconsider launching the app.

• Aerosoft

Hold on a moment, I am not getting conflicting information. I am told the iOS app should be able to load and show the charts at this moment using the app (that is currently now available).

As it is friday evening 19:00 local and this is a MS-Dos household (yes I am old) I am unable to check.  I would be grateful for any feedback on this.

And yes, we apologize for this mess. 

Still no way to clear the kneeboard on the iPad website... anyone?

21 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hold on a moment, I am not getting conflicting information. I am told the iOS app should be able to load and show the charts at this moment using the app (that is currently now available).

As it is friday evening 19:00 local and this is a MS-Dos household (yes I am old) I am unable to check.  I would be grateful for any feedback on this.

And yes, we apologize for this mess. 

Still nothing on the iOS app on my side

iOS app on iPad opens, works normally but the charts are completely a mess and randomly (but this would be a minor problem) when you open a chart it is simply all dark, no chart showing just a blank page...

on Mac PC it works properly and quite fast

• Aerosoft

Okay, please standby. I send a very urgent email to the project manager asking for guidance. This being friday evening 20:30 (I need a life) and me now knowing who is on vacation and who is not, I do not know when I will know what, when and how. 

I kindly ask you to accept my strongest apologises. Things have been a mess for weeks, for many different reasons that should never be any of our concern. They are now my concern, I can only ask for some patience.

Mathijs, I really appreciate your professional responses and your efforts trying to clear this up. 

Just as a recap feedback form me, as of today, if I look, there is no app available in the apple app store, neither for iPhone nor iPad.

I still have the app installed on both devices but as I have show above they both show the list of charts unsorted and charts themselves don't work (just a blank grey display).

So right now it's only working via web access/browser.

Maybe there is a way to at least modify the web-access-website and make it optimized for mobile devices....
If you could somehow add common gesture zoom, a proper full screen mode and let it remember your 40-digit-password, then we're almost there. :)

I don't need an app at all costs... I just want to use the charts on my tablet. Which is an extreme hassle with the current website (having to tap the tiny "+" over and over just to zoom in etc.... )

Regards,

Stu

1 minute ago, disco79stu said:

Mathijs, I really appreciate your professional responses and your efforts trying to clear this up. 

Just as a recap feedback form me, as of today, if I look, there is no app available in the apple app store, neither for iPhone nor iPad.

I still have the app installed on both devices but as I have show above they both show the list of charts unsorted and charts themselves don't work (just a blank grey display).

Maybe there is a way to at least modify the web-access-website and make it optimized for mobile devices....
If you could somehow add common gesture zoom, a proper full screen mode and let it remember your 40-digit-password, then we're almost there. :)

I don't need an app at all costs... I just want to use the charts on my tablet. Which is an extreme hassle with the current website (having to tap the tiny "+" over and over just to zoom in etc.... )

Regards,

Stu

Hello Stu,

Believe me, Mathijs heard you loud and clear, but this matter became far more complex that meets the eye when we made the change over to Geo-Referenced Charts.  I believe that was a step in the right direction, but it created some issues that we didn't expect.

As Mathijs said, he is merely on the receiving end of this as we all are, but he has now thrown his considerable influence into the ring on this one.

Frankly, it doubtful that those who manage this project will be able to look at alternatives until after the holidays, so that's roughly 2 weeks.  Even though our side of the house didn't have anything to do with this (and didn't see it coming either), we still are very sorry that you guys have been inconvenienced by this and Mathijs is now directly tracking this.

Thanks for your understanding my friend, and again our most sincere apologies.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 9:04 PM, disco79stu said:

Regards,

Stu

Hi! Your browser on iPad or any other mobile device should remember the session after one login. Also use shortcodes ;) In any already logged in NDP app go to settings and click Get shortcode. You can then use this code instead of serial to login.

As for touch inputs I've just pushed an update for web client today. Should be way more pleasant to use it with touch now. This was something I missed during original development because there were apps. But don't worry, mobile apps will be back and better than before ;) just give us time.

7 hours ago, RobsonM said:

As for touch inputs I've just pushed an update for web client today.

It is perfect now ! Don't touch it more, its perfect like that ! With tool bar on top and touch scaling without artifact... good job !

14 hours ago, XPJavelin said:

It is perfect now ! Don't touch it more, its perfect like that ! With tool bar on top and touch scaling without artifact... good job !

Glad you like it. Also there is long press for right click on chart and airport lists. Next on my list will be weather info and then we move on to new features ;)

Hello.

As of yesterday afternoon, I can't access the charts on the website anymore.

Subscription is still valid for 300 more days, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Doesn't matter what charts I click on, they just won't show up.

8 hours ago, stef_1993 said:

Hello.

As of yesterday afternoon, I can't access the charts on the website anymore.

Subscription is still valid for 300 more days, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Doesn't matter what charts I click on, they just won't show up.

Few things;
1. Do you get any error displayed? Hard to miss, they show up in red modal window.

2. Please try Ctrl+R or Ctrl+Shift+R to clear cache and reload all website contents. Maybe some old files are cache don your system...
3. What browser are you using? Probably most important but I've made NDP to be compatible even with IE so this shouldn't be the issue.

Let us know the results.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, RobsonM said:

Few things;
1. Do you get any error displayed? Hard to miss, they show up in red modal window.

2. Please try Ctrl+R or Ctrl+Shift+R to clear cache and reload all website contents. Maybe some old files are cache don your system...
3. What browser are you using? Probably most important but I've made NDP to be compatible even with IE so this shouldn't be the issue.

Let us know the results.

Hello Robson.

1. There weren't any issues displayed.

2. Cleared cache (didn't know it was that easy to remove) still no joy.

3. Using Google Chrome.

Been away for work a couple of days, and now it works again. Probably clearing cache did it.

Thanks for the effort/support. Much appreciated!

Archived