Charts offline?

Riky FSX

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be a bit on-and-off right now.

Working: EDDT, LIRN, LOWI

Not working: LROP, KJFK

No error shown in the NDP desktop application.

Just tried again a few minutes later, now I get some more charts of the affected airports on one PC but not the other. Access through webbrowser appears to work fine. LROP AFC, AGC and APC charts appear to have the most reliably reproduceable issues for me.

Please login to display this image.

Also note that somehow charts have different names and appear in a different order in browser and app, is that normal?

• Deputy Sheriffs

4 minutes ago, EnQ said:

LROP AFC, AGC and APC charts appear to have the most reliably reproduceable issues for me.

same here, but only on the iPad

Just checked, LICJ is broken for me as well. LROP is also showing the same issue as yesterday, as is KFJK.

New one: LSZH is missing APC chart for me, AGC and AFC are fine.

A few weeks ago it sounded like there was a bigger issue on the server (drive defect or something like that) but that would not really explain why some clients can access the charts and some can't (even on the same PC and after all the desktop app is just nothing but an embedded Chromium browser, so why does it work with Chrome on the same machine...).

I also noted that when accessing by web browser I see a "dark mode" option and a few days ago I noticed a green airplane icon (supposedly some preparation work for geo-referenced charts?). I don't have either in the installable Windows app. Could it be that the installable app versions cached some old resources (JavaScript?) which are incompatible with latest server-side API?

If there's any way to open the apps up for Chrome's web developer tools I'd be glad to submit screenshots of the network and console log tabs, if insight from affected installations is needed. (TeamViewer or something similar for a developer to debug on my machine would also be an option - contact me by PM if interested but I can only offer access in the evening)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please:

- tell us whether your are using the webbrowser or the tablet version

- what exactly is broken: are the charts not displayed at all, or is content missing in a chart

For me the issue looks the same as in yesterday's screenshot posted above:

When using the Windows application I get a white screen when selecting certain charts. In such cases, "Downloading chart" is shortly visible but then simply disappears, leaving the page blank. No percentage is shown. For other charts I can observe that additional to the "Downloading chart" message a percentage appears and quickly counts towards 100% before the page appears.

When using latest stable Chrome on the same machines (tried on two different PCs) the same charts work without any issues (navdatapro.aerosoft.com).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems as if there is a problem with the different browser, namely Firefox, and how they are interpreting the embedded fonts in the pdf files.

Safari on my iPad shows the charts, but not Firefox on the iPad.

Windows 10 desktop software, LEMD AGC and APC terminal 1 etc., ILS charts not working, LEMD AGC (North configuration), SID charts working. Webbrowser Firefox latest version, all charts working.

This has been happening more or less regularly as of late, kind of uncool... Have you guys changed something in the last couple months? I feel like never had these issues one or two years ago.

Checking I have the latest version here, it says 0.1.1 in my windows app aswell as online in Firefox, but on the homepage version 1.0.0.1 is available for windows download? When I tried to install this 1.0.0.1 the installer just prompted me that I was trying to uninstall the program, instead of updating it.

Is 0.1.1 actually the most up to date version already?

Yesterday if I worked well and all the cards were loaded, and presented correctly, I did not look if I had already installed the update or not, but today when trying to load the LEBL to see the GATE where I would put the AIRPLANE has been impossible, the rest of letter SID, STAR APP are displayed without problem, to see that I am not the only one that occurs this bug I have looked at the version and I have installed this one .....>>>>

In this case in the airport of Barcelona (I have tried it in others and it happens the same with the same type of letter to visualize) of the 2-10 to the 3-80 Impossible to visualize them.

15 hours ago, mopperle said:

Seems as if there is a problem with the different browser, namely Firefox, and how they are interpreting the embedded fonts in the pdf files.

Safari on my iPad shows the charts, but not Firefox on the iPad.

I have always used the EDGE and to this day, I have never had problems with visualizing the charts....

Archived