CRJ Professional Reversers not working

Hello All 

I have enjoyed flying the newly released CRJ Pro, but I have noticed something wrong with the reversers. 

When on ground, either after loading the aircraft with all systems working, or after landing from a flight, when I hit F2 to activate the reversers I get the reverser levers animation, the reverser REV N1 indication on EICAS, and a faint reverser sound, but no increase in N1 no mater ow much reverser I apply. 

I'm using FSUIPC to calibrate my throttles, but without reverser range, and the option is selected accordingly on the configuration manager. 

F2 is assigned to Throttles Decrease Quickly. 

Kindly Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

Please login to display this image.

Hey Nuno,

There are two switches to the left of the throttle. They arm the reverse levers. I can’t tell from your screen shot if you have them turned on or not. 

Not it sure if that helps. 

Cheers,

colin

I do keep the F2 key pressed down, but the reverser levers move and the reversers deploy showing REV, but the N1 keeps showing around 21.9%. 

Nuno Guedes

I tried uninstall and reinstall to no avail, the problem persists. 

On the previous CRJ700/900 version it worked just fine. It rather strange. 

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes

It can, but i doubt it. 

The throttles are Go Flight TQ6, and they are quite spiky, and in order to used them I had to use FSUIPC for the calibration. 

I only have this symptom with the CRJ. All the other aircrafts work fine. 

And as I states before, it was working properly with the CRJ700/900 version.

Nuno Guedes

• Developer

As long as your throttle axis is not properly in idle, you will not have much luck with the reversers. Please check the calibration of your throttle axis and make sure it's properly at zero when idle.

If there was a spike or a faulty calibration, wouldn't that cause the engines to get out of reverser if I released the F2 key ? 

If I press the F2 Key and keep pressing it the levers got to the full reverser position, and the REV annunciations show as they should, but there is no increase in N1. When I stop pressing F2 the levers remain in the full rev position and annunciations still show REV. I then have to either press F1 or move the throttles in my quadrant to disengage the reverser and get back to idle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 2:25 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

As long as your throttle axis is not properly in idle, you will not have much luck with the reversers. Please check the calibration of your throttle axis and make sure it's properly at zero when idle.

Spawned by a FSUIPC5 problem also related to the thrust levers on the A330, I decided to investigate the CRJ a bit further. 

I removed the FSUIPC5 from the modules folder, run the CRJ, change to default the throttle axis settings on the EFB, and I got full reverser range, as it should. Straight from P3D, no spikes no nothing, the reversers held as they should as shown on the picture. 

Continuing my troubleshoot, still with the FSUIPC5 removed, changed the option to FSUIPC no REV Range, and there was some spiking, and as you can see from the picture engine 2 spiked and got out of REV while engine 1 still hold full rev. 

I think it is safe to assume that the problem is not with my throttle quadrant or spikes, but the way Aerosoft interfaces with FSUIPC5. I only use FSUIPC5 because the pots on the TQ6 are not the best and in order to have all the throttles correctly calibrated and leveled, delivering the same thrust for throttle movement it was the best option (other wise I get throttle 1 in idle, 2 still at 10%... but they don't spike ) . It works with all my aircraft, and indeed it used to work with the previous CRJ-700/900 Product. 

Somehow with the release of CRJ Professional and A330 Professional there must have been something broken and now it doesn't

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

Archived