Error messages caused by Paderborn

Tonight, I flew into Paderborn for the first time. When getting close, I got this error message in X-Plane

Please login to display this image.

When checking log.txt in the X-Plane root folder, I found a number of warnings and error messages related to Paderborn as seen below. What I find a bit strange though is how the popup warning was referring to Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - City/ while the error messages in Log.txt is referring to Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/

WARNING: the named light airplane_beacon_rotate is actually a parameterized light.
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_C_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
WARNING: the named light airplane_beacon_rotate_sp is actually a parameterized light.
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_C_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
WARNING: the named light airplane_beacon_rotate is actually a parameterized light.
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_C_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
WARNING: the named light airplane_beacon_rotate_sp is actually a parameterized light.
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_C_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_B_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_B_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_B_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport/Objects/EDLP_jetway_B_anim.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp

• Developer

Could you please provide a complete log.txt file?

The lights warnings are unpleasant when reading the log file but they don't cause X-Plane scenery loading errors, just ignore them for now.

I've already restarted X-Plane meaning the log file has been overwritten. I'm positive though nothing else related to Paderborn was in there except for the lines above.

Next time I see the pop up, I'll post the complete log. 

• Developer

I think I found the problem:

Failed to open Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGFF_A_Cardiff/opensceneryx/placeholder.obj: the file cannot be opened.
0:02:39.310 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - City/Earth nav data/+50+000/+51+008.dsf:
0:02:39.310 E/SCN: Unable to load object file: Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGFF_A_Cardiff/opensceneryx/placeholder.obj

Orbx EGFF seems to replace some OpenSceneryX files with placeholders and this placeholder, for whatever reason, can not be loaded. This also affects Paderborn because we have placed one OpenSceneryX church for the Paderborner Dom. I don't own the Orbx EGFF scenery so I can't check what's going on there.

Try the following to get this fixed:

• Place EDLP Paderborn above Orbx EGFF in your Scenery_Packs.ini
  • Install latest OpenSceneryX
  • Place OpenScenery above Orbx EGFF in your Scenery-Packs.ini

If Orbx have not used the backup function in their library for the placeholders it might be possible that scenery order matters.

IIRC, OpenSceneryX is a free library used by many freeware airports.

The main reason I stopped using freeware airports and instead go with only payware airports was to not having to worry about extra libraries etc such as OpenSceneryX.

Are you saying I need OpenSceneryX for the payware Paderborn scenery to work correctly?

• Developer
vor 33 Minuten, WebMaximus sagte:

Are you saying I need OpenSceneryX for the payware Paderborn scenery to work correctly?

No - Paderborn has a working BackUp for the few OpenSceneryX objects and does not depend on OpenSceneryX to be installed (I just checked, it's working fine).

The Orbx EGFF Scenery however also has such a backup or tries to remove OpenSceneryX objects in general by overriding them with placeholders - but this is broken and, as it seems they are overriding our backup, they also brake our scenery. Did you try placing EDLP Paderborn above the Orbx EGFF in your scenery_packs.ini?

• Developer

If the scenery order as suggested above does not fix this do the following:

1. Open 'Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn - Airport' folder
  2. Open 'library.txt' with a text editor
  3. Press ctrl + F and search for OpenSceneryX
  4. You will find the following lines:

### OpenSceneryX ##################################################################################################

EXPORT_BACKUP opensceneryx/objects/buildings/religious/church_medieval_small.obj objects/blank.obj
    EXPORT_BACKUP opensceneryx/objects/buildings/religious/church_medieval_large.obj objects/blank.obj

5. Now change EXPORT_BACKUP in both lines to EXPORT. Result should look like this:

### OpenSceneryX ##################################################################################################

EXPORT opensceneryx/objects/buildings/religious/church_medieval_small.obj objects/blank.obj
    EXPORT opensceneryx/objects/buildings/religious/church_medieval_large.obj objects/blank.obj

6. Place EDLP Paderborn above Orbx EGFF in Scenery_Packs.ini (and, assuming thy do this for other sceneries too, above all Orbx sceneries aside from TerraFlora)

Now the OpenSceneryX placeholder coming with Paderborn will override the Orbx one. As this is actually an issue with the Orbx scenery I recommend to report this as a bug or check if the Orbx Scenery is up to date in Orbx Central (verfify files, maybe they have fixed this already).

Success 👍

Just tried what you suggested replacing EXPORT_BACKUP with simply EXPORT.

After doing this, I no longer get the pop up error and funny enough, doing this also got rid of the OpenSceneryX error messages in the X-Plane log file related to Orbx Cardiff.

Brilliant!!

• 1 year later...

Archived