Hearing APU and/or Engines at desktop

DaveNC

So this didn't do it with the previous version, but with the Pro version, if I switch to desktop while either at the gate with the APU on or in flight with the engines, I hear them.   If I turn the sound off on the sim (P3d v4.5) I don't hear them anymore (obviously).  Is anyone else experiencing this?   How do I fix this, quite annoying if you want to hear anything outside the sim.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 10:24 AM, DaveNC said:

i guess I'm the only one.  Guess a reinstall is my next option.

You are not the only one.

I tested this tonight.  The APU running sounds are heard even if you switch to another window, whereas the other CRJ sounds mute as they should.  The "mute on lost focus" toggle in the sim General / Sound settings has no effect on this behavior.

I don't think you reinstalling will change anything.  I think this is probably a by-product of the sound scheme used for the APU, operating as it is.  I do not know if this can be changed, but I'm sure Mr. H might be able to tell us.

Archived