Ambient lighting on loading

UAL277

First, let me say that I am loving the A318/19/20/21 aircraft; going back to a 73x almost seems primitive now.

Two things I would like to see addressed in an update are related to ambient lighting.

Loading the plane at an airport at night, the scene could be more aptly described as cold and dark as a coal mine. (grin) Considering the amount of outside light, even at night, I should be able to see the overhead and panels enough to find the power switches, turn on cabin lighting, etc. Most other devs have similar issues, with the possible exception of a certain dev who focuses mainly on Boeing products (hint, hint). So far, I need to load my Airbus in daylight, turn on the power and lighting and then reload in nighttime.

Also, in a related matter, the MCDU is too dark at night. Yes, I can turn up the MCDU's screen brightness - and I do - but the keyboard is a little dark and murky, even with the PFD flood lights on in the cabin.

Thanks, again, for a great aircraft; real fun to fly. Looking forward to the A330 to fill a void by a P3DV4 non-existant 767.

Cheers.

Hi,

the problem here is that P3D doesn't make a difference between the aircraft being in the air or on the ground.

We evaluated some possible solutions here in the past, however we could simply not make out something definitive which would work for everyone.

13 minutes ago, UAL277 said:

First, let me say that I am loving the A318/19/20/21 aircraft; going back to a 73x almost seems primitive now.

Two things I would like to see addressed in an update are related to ambient lighting.

Loading the plane at an airport at night, the scene could be more aptly described as cold and dark as a coal mine. (grin) Considering the amount of outside light, even at night, I should be able to see the overhead and panels enough to find the power switches, turn on cabin lighting, etc. Most other devs have similar issues, with the possible exception of a certain dev who focuses mainly on Boeing products (hint, hint). So far, I need to load my Airbus in daylight, turn on the power and lighting and then reload in nighttime.

Also, in a related matter, the MCDU is too dark at night. Yes, I can turn up the MCDU's screen brightness - and I do - but the keyboard is a little dark and murky, even with the PFD flood lights on in the cabin.

Thanks, again, for a great aircraft; real fun to fly. Looking forward to the A330 to fill a void by a P3DV4 non-existant 767.

Cheers.

Welcome to realism!  LOL!

I remember boarding my P-3C in the pre-dawn hours to start checks and pre-flight (which sometimes including me helping to load sonar bouys and weapons, right of passage thing).  The entire aircraft was dark, and we had to use flashlights to find our way around even though we knew where everything was.

Thankfully, I can offer you a free flashlight to use on your aircraft.  Go to this WEBSITE and search the webpage for "Flashlight".  There is also a payware flashlight, but since you can get it for free...  While your on the website, check out the many other free and terrific tools my friend (and yours) has provided to the community.  I only ask one thing, if you use any of his software, you write and thank him for all he's done for the flight sim community.  He's a wonderful guy.

Alternatively,  you can use the NVIDIA Control Panel (or equivilent for AMD cards) to temporarily increase either Brightness or Gamma until you have power and lights on the flight deck.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes.

Luckily in real life this isn't as much of a problem for airliners as it is in the military since we have all those lovely lights around in the airport which light everything up perfectly fine.

Hey, we often don't even use the domelight on the ground since everything is lit up completly already by the airports flood lights.

Unfortunately though Lockheed does not model the lights scattering from objects, so the dynamic lights in P3D are rather limited.

I'm hoping Microsoft will address this in their new sim, but we'll have to see about it. There neither confirmation nor denial

Archived