CRJ Pro: Autosave Result, Crash, & Minor Bugs

Hey, Loving the bird!  I've only been able to make one full flight so far (3 CTD's - 2 previously reported regarding EFB charts).  While descent prepping I entered arrival info on the Dep/Arr FMS page and got the blue swirly of death after pressing "Exec".  No CTD; just an eternal blue swirly.  I loaded an FSUIPC autosave to see what would happen and when it returned to the scenario screen (prior to loading the saved fight) I received a panel deserialization problem msg (screenshot below).  The autosave did load and I finished the flight.  I reentered the arrival data and the Dep/Arr page, pressed "Exec" and all was well.  Here are some other observations about the autosave results:

1. All entries in the FMS unchanged and correct.  Flight plan still loaded and aircraft still following it.

2. Speed/Alt/Engine settings correct.

3. Was overspeeding for a minor reason: the landing gear was down at FL380!  Raised the gear - no problem.

4. All panels were correctly configured except for the following:  

- Landing Elevation:  reset to zero.

- WX Radars: both turned off.

Otherwise, I didn't notice any other problems after the autosave and flew for an hour to my destination.

Other bugs:

1. Climb stops 200ft below cruise altitude (same problem in previous version of the CRJ).

2. Unable to set "STD" baro by pressing the end of the Baro knob.  When passing transition altitude the baro indicator on the PFD flashed.  I couldn't set STD baro, so I adjusted the baro to 1013mb.  Still flashed, so I pressed the STD baro knob again and the flashing ended.

Thanks!

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

The panel serialization/deserialization is a Prepar3D function. It's not related to the aircraft and just stores a range of values. As we have a lot of things that need to be stored on top of this, we have our own load/save functions. I recommend to disable "panel serialization" in the P3D options because it causes things to be loaded and set twice - at different times.

The climb issue is known, just not the reason for it.

I'm not aware of any issues with the STD button. So far it always worked as expected (note: there's no "STD" text output in the CRJ. Just 1013/29.92)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I experienced the same problem this morning trying to load a saved flight (cruising at FL320) after a P3D4 freeze (due to a bug in a scenery addon and not the CRJ!). Even if I manually fix all the systems which are not OK (gear down, mach and stab trims, yaw dumpers, AP disengaged) and resume a normal route the Ram Air Turbine is engaged with its horrible sound and of course no way to change that.

What's the problem with loading saved in flight situation? Any fix?

I'm using the v 2.0.0.3.

Skip.

• Developer

Panel serialization should be switched off for the CRJ (and presumably most more complex aircraft add-ons). It causes some things to be saved twice, first by the add-on aircraft and the by P3D. However, when loading these things also get loaded twice and that's causing issues. As the panel serialization feature isn't capable of loading/saving all needed information, aircraft add-ons are forced to create their own functions for this.

Ok. I can see this line in Prepar3D.cfg:

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
SAVE_AND_LOAD_PANEL_STATE=0

Should I set it to "1" when using the CRJ or is it another entry? I'm using a home made P3D4 launcher and I'm able to automatically set the right setting depending on the aircraft I want to fly with.

Skip.

11 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Ok I'll check that.

Thanks. Skip.

Hi,

I've checked my P3D4 settings and Enable Panel Serialization is already disabled. So I don't know why CRJ specific state files are not loaded properly (first message I can see when loading is : Shutting down engines? ). Any chance to have a EFB option to load a saved state?

Skip.

10 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Can you send me the flight files please? (xxx.fxml, xxx.wx, xxx.crj and xxx.crjfms)

Thanks.

Sorry but I've performed many flights since the last CRJ one so automatic or manual saved flight files have been renewed. I only have .crj and .crjfms ones (attached). If you need all of them I'll send you after next CRJ flight.

Regards, Skip.

SAVE.crjfms SAVE.crj

• 1 month later...

Hi Hans,

Here am I again. Sorry for the delay but I didn't fly the CRJ for a while.

I've made a flight this morning without any issue and made a save set at cruise level. One landed I've loaded the saved situation and as usual it went wrong. At first "engines shutdown" message appeared with cold and dark default sate loaded. Then the saved state has been loaded with the "starting up engines" message but gears stayed down and lock and RAT was deployed.

Attached all the saved files + CRJ config. Does it mean with have to set "turnaround mode" as default state if we want to reload a saved situation?

Regards, Skip.

CRJ_Save.zip

Archived