CRJ Professional: Takeoff FD pitch command and Pitch Speed CLB mode.

haseen

Dear:

I read the tutorial and Chuck's guide. I tried quite a no. of flights with CRJ 1000 Pro. I set FD TO mode before takeoff roll. FD modes show TO in the PFD, but pitch bar shows 0 deg pitch. With flaps 8, V2 was 148, so target was 158. At Vr, I rotated to 10 deg pitch, retracted gears. As I maintained 10 deg pitch, the FD pitch bar was showing only 6 deg pitch. When I pressed SPEED button, SPEED CLB mode did not engage, rather ALT mode engaged. Altitude was set to 11000 ft. and  my departure airport VGJR elevation was 20 ft. Any help?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad. 

I would like to see speed button lights up, FD pitch mode shows CLB xxx(existing airspeed), and following FD pitch bar manually will help maintain that speed.

Haseen Ahmad.

3 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Which action do you expect after activating the Speed button?

Wolfgang

Speed on elevator mode?
I have had the same issues as a matter of fact, from time to time.... after lift-off I attempted to engage  IAS mode but FMA instead showed ALTS.

@Hoffie3000

@Hans Hartmann

Dear Hans and Hoffie3000:

Please find the attached pics.

1. After takeoff FD only provides a pitch up command of only 5 deg. I expect it gives such a pitch up command that V2+10 speed i e 159 kts here can be maintained manually by following the pitch up command. It should be around 15 deg.

2. As per Chuck's guide maintaining  10 deg pitch, causes to increase the speed above V2+10 and accelerate further. Pressing SPEED buttton causes ALT button to light up.

3. PFD FMA Pitch mode shows green ALTS i e FD ALT mode in engaged. How can I get CLB xxx mode?

Hope these help.

Haseen Ahmad.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I get way more than just 10 degrees here. As of now I don't have an idea or explanation why you don't.

The calculation starts at a pitch for 3000fpm and once airborne, it changes to reach and hold the selected speed.

I suffer from same symptoms.

Will try to post a video tomorrow. I use the same Linda module that worked for the old CRJ and had no issues there. And I have tried pushing speed button on FCP, but ALTS is displayed as pitch FMA.
It's not until I get to around 1000' AGL that I can select IAS mode.

@haseen

The autopilot of the CRJ is not as sophisticated as on other aircraft such as an A320 or B737. The airplane must be built cheaply in order to be competitive.

Some of the actions that the AP performs on these planes have to be performed by the CRJ pilots.

You will see the CLB Speed in the PFD if you activate the SPEED button.

Also the FD flight path indicator only comes after take-off when the autopilot is activated.

I do it in such a way that I preset NAV and SPEED on the ground and activate the autopilot at a safe altitude after take-off.

Ignore the 96KIAS the Picture was shoot before I set Speed higher.

I set the SPEED as the SID allows. That's about 190-250KIAS. If there is no SID as in VGJR, I do this depending on the flight plan.

JRBarrett has some tipps;

Wolfgang

• Developer

Hoffie, what you fly there is a CRJ 1000. That works a little differently than the other models. It's limited to 10° pitch until the gear is retracted to avoid tailstrikes. This limit doesn't apply to the -550/-700/-900.

On 29.11.2019 at 19:08, haseen sagte:

I tried quite a no. of flights with CRJ 1000 Pro.

Hans, that was the reason to choose the CRJ1000.

I saw just some moments ago the other behaviour of the CRJ900.

Wolfgang

Ok so had the chance to do two takeoffs today (no video unfortunately)

FCP variables:

HDG= Runway heading

SPEED selected= V2+10KTS

ALTITUDE= 6000FT

On the ground FMA:

TO

TO

After gear up FMA:

TO

ALTS (which is not right since I pushed SPEED button)

400FT RA FMA

FMS1

ALTS (still not able to select IAS mode)

1000FT RA FMA:

FMS1

IAS XXX (finally IAS mode can engage, but seems like 1000FT RA is some kind of threshold for me?)

Following this profile from the manual:

Archived