Multi Crew Experience now supports All Aerosoft CRJ variants

FS++

Captains.

Just to update everyone, Multi Crew Experience voice based crew simulation that already supports Aerosoft CRJ 77 & 900, has just been updated to recognize the new -1000 and -550 variants so you can continue to have your co-pilot and other crew on-board.

Everyone can have a go at the Demo available from this link.

For those not familiar with MCE...

What will the Demo do to your flight sim setup?

- No files are modified inside FSX or P3D installation folders. Not even "aircraft.cfg" or "panel.cfg"

For better stability of the simulator (the most important thing), MCE (and the speech engine it hosts within "mce.exe") installs and runs outside the simulator process.

fsInsider64.dll will be added to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder

fsInsider.dll will be added to FSX pr P3D V3 main installation folder

A folder named <>MCE dlls> will be added to all detected flight sim installations. None of these dlls will load in the sim unless fsInsider64.dll tells it to.

There is just one option that is modified in "fsx.cfg" and "Prepar3D.cfg". It disables a particular ATC option which can be restored in FSX/Prepar3D  dialog box ATC settings.

By default the sim has the option to hear yourself transmitting to ATC enabled. Since MCE allows you to "talk" to Native P3D/.FSX ATC, it would double-up your own voice transmission.

Basically, once you remove fsInsider64.dll or fsInsider.dll (FSX or P3D V3) you're back to your pre-MCE installation.

Enjoy your Demo.

Gerald R

Glad to hear.  Thanks!!  Tons of hours of enjoyment with prior version of crj and MCE.   Last night simulated a maneuvers validation flight with the pro and all went super well (short of being the actual aircraft or a multi million dollar level D simm) and today I am going to test out with MCE so perfect timing!    With the way the check list work it should be super easy to make my custom check list to the new aircraft as simple as copy/rename/paste/.    I will need to see about the voxscript.  

Thanks again.    

3 hours ago, wwittkoff said:

Glad to hear.  Thanks!!  Tons of hours of enjoyment with prior version of crj and MCE.   Last night simulated a maneuvers validation flight with the pro and all went super well (short of being the actual aircraft or a multi million dollar level D simm) and today I am going to test out with MCE so perfect timing!    With the way the check list work it should be super easy to make my custom check list to the new aircraft as simple as copy/rename/paste/.    I will need to see about the voxscript.  

Thanks again.    

You're welcome

Indeed, should be able to use own airline real world checklist as well as decide how task sharing is done between Fo and you, according to your airline SOPs.

The idea is that Fo should be able to read switch or dial state and set it to desired position for as many items as possible.

You can then create specific tasks for him/her to execute using custom speech as trigger sentence.

We ship pre-made flows for CRJ, mostly to give you an idea about the sort of speech commands you need to control specific items.

Feel free to remove actions from the flow that your airline deems are your area of responsibility.

If you need more voice control on some items that were either overlooked or not bothered with, just ask.

You can also use this package with all Aerosoft Airbus series, Aerosot Twotter,  and many other heavy hitters.

• 3 weeks later...

I am playing with the demo right now.  Looks like it has a ton of potential so far.  I am however having trouble getting the FO to say the following items in my custom checklist.  

[ ] fms initialization  --  complete (he just says fms)

[ ] glare shield    -- checked (can't say at all)

[ ] EFIS control panels  -- checked //1 checked right (say's "E control panels)

[ ] upper pedestal  --      checked (doesn't say pedestal)

[ ] m l g over heat   --      tested (misses the word "over)

[ ] thrust lever quadrant --  checked (doesn't say quadrant) 

[ ] lower pedestal  --      checked  (doesn't say pedestal)

am I doing something wrong or can they be added to the vocabulary?

Also is there a way to have him say a response other than what I say.  for instance  circuit breakers - I say "checked left" and then have him say "checked right" in response?

Thanks,  Mike

On 12/17/2019 at 11:29 PM, giltender said:

I am playing with the demo right now.  Looks like it has a ton of potential so far.  I am however having trouble getting the FO to say the following items in my custom checklist.  

[ ] fms initialization  --  complete (he just says fms)

[ ] glare shield    -- checked (can't say at all)

[ ] EFIS control panels  -- checked //1 checked right (say's "E control panels)

[ ] upper pedestal  --      checked (doesn't say pedestal)

[ ] m l g over heat   --      tested (misses the word "over)

[ ] thrust lever quadrant --  checked (doesn't say quadrant) 

[ ] lower pedestal  --      checked  (doesn't say pedestal)

am I doing something wrong or can they be added to the vocabulary?

Also is there a way to have him say a response other than what I say.  for instance  circuit breakers - I say "checked left" and then have him say "checked right" in response?

Thanks,  Mike

Try using alternative words in CL

Not possible to have multiple replies on same line

One way around it...

[ ] whatever_needs_to_be_checked  -- checked left   (this will cater for your reply)

[ ] whatever_same thing_needs_to_be_checked  -- checked right //2  (with the //2 it's Fo reply only

The other way is to create a custom command.

Go to <Command> tab and click <Voxscript> button.

In "Voxscript overview" panel, click <new> and type "checked left"

The new command will be listed.

Select it and click <Edit>

In next screen, make sure option "Verbose" is enabled so you can hear co-pilot's reply, then click <Edit script commands>

Unlike a proper flow where you would add many custom actions for co-pilot to perform, in this case you just want the FO to reply "checked right" when you say "checked left".

Click <Notify> button and type the reply you want to hear.

Don't forget to click <Save>.

That's it. You now trained the Fo to react to something he wasn't trained for.

Yes folks. It's the closest you can get to real world shared cockpit, without needing to beg someone to share a session with you. 

It;s fully interactive crew simulation.

Ask co-pilot what you want,  when you want, and even using your own speech if you can't be bothered to use the tens of thousands of already built-in speech commands.

I use MCE  for the CRJ Pro , depending on witch state i start from ,

normaly i do the preparation and engine start manally, after start flow, runway entry flow, ready for takeoff, climb flow ( after takeoff + climb flow) decent flow, landing flow ,  ok to clean up. 

Parking and secure i do manally. the only comands i use is Flaps , gear up down, landing lights. 

I have done some modificatios to the std flows to suite me the same with checklists .

Iam not a native eng speaker,to be true its really really bad eng from my side , but MCE trigger the flows and comands that i use , its very rare that i need to repeat any command or flow.

Archived