AP/NAV lost their way ...

Terblanche

See attached picture ...

The autopilot will follow the NAV (FMS1) and then somewhere it just decides, "de hell with it, I'm doing something else ..."

There is no obvious reason, and nothing changed while flying along, and it happens randomly. Obviously I'm doing something, somehow wrong because I've had exactly the same problem with the pre-PRO version.

Please help, because I want to tame this aircraft.

Please login to display this image.

24 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Everything looks right to me. Can you give me the complete flightplan please, so I can try it myself?

Thank you Hans ...

here is this specific flight: EDDC/22 ABKIS3W ABKIS Z715 KULOK L984 BOMBI Z75 NOKDI Z104 SIPVU SIPVU2R EDFH/21

All went well until after KULOK when it just continued straight on and didn't turn for LONLI

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Thanks. I will try that tomorrow.

I forgot to say ... when I realised it's not going to turn for LONLI I then engaged HDG and turned the heading bug to the right. It also did not respond to that. I disengaged the AP and engaged it again but still it did not want to turn. I then disengaged the AP again, turned right manually and engaged the AP and then HDG which then seemed to activate.

Just done the flight and came to an different result.

As expected the CRJPro perform a small "undercut" to hold the right track. Ok, Headwind was only 28kts, bur I have no doubt thex will do the same with 44kts.

Please login to display this image.

vor 12 Stunden , Terblanche sagte:

I disengaged the AP and engaged it again but still it did not want to turn. I then disengaged the AP again, turned right manually and engaged the AP and then HDG which then seemed to activate.

The old CRJ shows sometimes that behaviour, if they missed a Waypoint but I saw this not during the Beta-Test flights and later.

Wolfgang

14 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Just done the flight and came to an different result.

I feel a little lost ... because I'm doing everything from the 'book' and still the same anomaly in my flights.

I've just done another flight:

LOWS/33 INROM1S INROM DCT RDG DCT RONIG DCT TABAT DCT UPDAT DCT DLE DCT NIE Z88 VERED VERED3P EDDW/27

... and I've done it step by step; to the comma and point of every item from the checklists and when it had to turn right on the Z88 airway to VERED just after NIE (VOR) it started to turn left although NAV was still engaged and it kept on turning left and just refused to intercept or stay on route.

I then let it be to see where it wanted to go but it just kept on turning left ... and then the nose dropped and that was it: GAME OVER - insert coin.

😞 

1 hour ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Which version of P3Dv4 are you using?

If you have the HF2 Version how did you upate. Client only or a full new installation?

My version: Prepar3D_v4_Professional_4.5.13.32097

Client + Content

... everything else works effortlessly effortless.

Okay, that looks normal.
I wouldn't invest any more time in troubleshooting and delete the CRJPro, all folders belonging to the CRJPro as well. 
Then reinstall with the antivirus program temporarily switched off.

Wolfgang

• Developer

Can you try a flight without weather? Does that change anything?

On 29.11.2019 at 23:38, Terblanche sagte:

it had to turn right on the Z88 airway to VERED just after NIE (VOR) it started to turn left although NAV was still engaged and it kept on turning left and just refused to intercept or stay on route.

I could understand if that happens when waypoint has a forced turn direction, but this can only happen on SIDs, STARs and approaches, not on an airway. Are you sure you weren't already on the VERE3P STAR at this point?

Archived