Trim strange behavior

HZ-AKA

Good Day,

During descend using VS command, the trim goes full up and the aircraft starts sinking. Speed is within limits. The aircraft is properly loaded and CG is within limits. 

Would appreciate in thoughts on this.

Regards,

Faisal.

3 hours ago, HZ-AKA said:

Good Day,

During descend using VS command, the trim goes full up and the aircraft starts sinking. Speed is within limits. The aircraft is properly loaded and CG is within limits. 

Would appreciate in thoughts on this.

Regards,

Faisal.

I forgot to mention that I am using CRJ Pro.

• Developer

To comment on your observations, I would need more details.

Which aircraft and descent at which speed?
Happened once or can be repeated?

If so can you provide me with the saved situation (4files) to start from and explain what you do to see that behavior?

Which hardware controls are you using and how are they connected to P3Dv4?

Hi Metzgergva,

Aircraft: CRJ 900 and 1000 Pro

Decent speed: 200 - 220 kts

Happened the two times I flew the aircraft.

Hardware: HoneyComb Alpha Flight Yoke and TQ6 PLUS throttle. Connected via USB. 

• Developer

And what happened exactly  assuming you were flying a constant descent in VS mode? Did the AP disengage? Did the value of desired VS change? Did you change the desired VS and then the AP lost control?

17 minutes ago, metzgergva said:

And what happened exactly  assuming you were flying a constant descent in VS mode? Did the AP disengage? Did the value of desired VS change? Did you change the desired VS and then the AP lost control?

None of the above except the desired VS value changed by itself.

• Developer

Then I really have no idea what could make the VS change just by itself. I have never seen it before and it would be good if you just specifically test that behavior with different speeds and weather situation to see if you find a reproducible situation to share. Sorry I can't help any further.

1 hour ago, metzgergva said:

Then I really have no idea what could make the VS change just by itself. I have never seen it before and it would be good if you just specifically test that behavior with different speeds and weather situation to see if you find a reproducible situation to share. Sorry I can't help any further.

I flew the CRJ 700 today and no issues at all. I will try the CRJ900 later and see if the issue is still there. 

Archived