Cheyenne X Crashes FSX on loading

robby88

Hi, I just purchased & downloaded Cheyenne X from Simmarket.

Unfortunately when I select any of the Cheyennes from the aircraft menu it locks FSX, causing it to crash and reload.

FSX + Acceleration.

System Specs.

Win XP SP2

P4 3.4ghz, 2G

NV 6800 Ultra 256mb

• Aerosoft
Samething for me: FSX + Acceleration SP2 ???

Quad core 2.4Gz - 2G DDR2 - 500G HD

I am trying to reach the developers (but it is Christmas of course). In the mean time also try to keep an eye on the DA forums, perhaps there will be and answer there before I got it here: http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/

The reason for this is some kind of problem with the FSX installation (likely SimConnect-related). It seems that the installation order of FSX service packs plays a role here. It should be FSX -> SP1 -> VC++ 2005 Redistributable Files -> SP2. Please don't do a full reinstallation yet!

Could one of you please open C:Windowswinsxs in Explorer? You should find some folders named like this: x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.xxxxx.0_none_hexblahblahblah. Please tell me, which numbers you have for the xxxxx?

Thanks a lot.

Here is a copy of my simconnect folders:

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

Thanks

Hi - I have the same numbers as shadb1.

BTW Hans I'm having trouble accessing the DA forums this morning. When I click the forum link on your site IE just loads & displays the PHP script file. That happened for a couple of hours yesterday also, then came good.

I uninstalled the copy of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 I had on my computer and downloaded and installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1" found under this link

No more problem with my Cheyenne, everything is working find now! :D

I uninstalled the copy of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 I had on my computer and downloaded and installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1" found under this link

I did likewise and now working ok too. :)

Cheyenne is working find in SOLO MODE ONLY.

When I try to go MULTIPLAYER, FSX is resetting... :(

Cannot go multiplayer with this plane yet. Hope somebody find why :?:

Iam having the same type of issue, and get message about error loading txt file. Also have the same type of flickering VC display on certain models at night that is very similar to the issues with the compass display issue on the DO27. Also notice very low FPS compared to other addon plans.

@gwolb:

Please DON'T spam other threads with the same error message. Open a new one exactly for this one problem and also please only on one forum, not DA and Aerosoft (preferrably DA). There's only one person who deals with problems at this point and that's me. Posting in multiple threads and forums will only slow down things as I have to read/answer more and have less time to fix things. Thank you.

@Everybody else:

Please: one thread for one issue! Don't mix things. And - if possible - ask questions/post problems in the DA forum, not here. Thanks a lot :)

• Aerosoft

I am trying to reach the developers (but it is Christmas of course). In the mean time also try to keep an eye on the DA forums, perhaps there will be and answer there before I got it here: http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/

by now the issue is explained at http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/viewtopic.php?t=3949

G,day and thanks for the solution.Just got Cheyenne and it would not load..Fatal Error.Have downloaded MS Visual C++ 2005Redist SP1.Flying OK so far..

FSX+XPack SP2..Vista+FEX+VSXversion1....Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

I told myself that I already have enough planes I bought for fs2002, fs2004 that now do not work well in

fsx and i wasn't going to buy anymore. Yikes, I told myself a big fat lie!! I bought the Cheyenne.

I am a sucker for twins.

I don't really have the problems others are reporting except for locking up the system when switching planes.

Most of the time they do load, but it takes a long time and just as it appears in the startup menu the computer

emits a long beeeeeeeeeeeeep for about 5 seconds. Once that is over the plane appears in the window and all is well.

FSX . sp1 . acceleration . Quad core 2.2Ghz . 2.0GB Ram . Geforce 7600GS-512 . Installed on it's own partition.