Fuel Feed Check Valve Test

RRVyper

Following the tutorial (p. 2-1-51), after starting Eng 2 you are supposed to carry out the Fuel Feed Check Valve Test. I can operate the Fuel Boost Pump switches (they move), but they remain ON and no "RIGHT FUEL LO PRESS" message appears on EICAS.

It goes on to say, "Please keep in mind that now you have to shut down engine 2 first to complete the test procedure!" Is this correct???

Randy

The FFOD Fuel feed check valve test is partially complete with engine start.  Partial meaning you start engine 1, complete the test then start engine two. The second part of this test is done the other way around at shut down. Shut down engine one, both pumps off, and the test is complete.

Thanks, Mitch. The tutorial has you start engine 2 first and the shutdown check is a bit vague: "Complete fuel check valve Test for engine 1 – see chapter ” during preparation." Perhaps it should say, "Complete Fuel Feed Check Valve Test for engine 1 (or engine that was started second) – see para. 4.1.5 Item 10", or something clearer. At any rate, I will run through the startup again today and look for the FUEL LO PRESS warning on the EICAS. Perhaps I didn't wait long enough. But shouldn't the ON lights extinguish when you shut off the boost pump switches?

Randy

Archived