Eurowings 146 for FSX?

numloxx

Hi all,

I really wanna fly the quadropuff in FSX, my fav aircraft of all :)

Please tell me if it will work in fsx and what I must do to make it work.

Cheers

And Merry Christmas from Down Under Australia.

PS. Yes we put tinsel on the kangaroos and koalas too :)

Hello numloxx,

I really doubt this plane is going to work very well in FSX as it was originally designed for FS2002 and updated to FS2004.

Nothing stopping you from trying it though, just copy all the relevant files to the correct locations.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondering if the original poster (or anyone else) went on to try this? I'd like to know if this aircraft works (fully or partially) in FSX... I have not yet moved to the new sim but I'd be interested to know... While on the subject, are there any plans to produce an FSX version of this aircraft?

Cheers,

Geoff

That will be great. Meanwhile I've managed to get my Eurowings BAE 146 installed and working ok in FSX...yeh! :D I installed using the installer giving my FSX folder as the one to use... then manually installed the individual Aircraft folders (which areplaced at the top level by the installer)into the SimObjects/Airplanes folder... added thumbnails to all texture folders and that was about it. I dont think it would be worthtrying this without SP2 for FSX as the Canopy glass would be missing for one thing. Anyway works for me... cant make any promises to others but I'm happy :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies.

I didn't realise there were any, did not have notify email switched it :(

I'll give the 146 in fsx a go one day. Hope to have one thats native to fsx though.

Cheers

Carsten

Go the quadropuff :)

• 2 weeks later...
That will be great. Meanwhile I've managed to get my Eurowings BAE 146 installed and working ok in FSX...yeh! :D I installed using the installer giving my FSX folder as the one to use... then manually installed the individual Aircraft folders (which areplaced at the top level by the installer)into the SimObjects/Airplanes folder... added thumbnails to all texture folders and that was about it. I dont think it would be worthtrying this without SP2 for FSX as the Canopy glass would be missing for one thing. Anyway works for me... cant make any promises to others but I'm happy :D

Hi MDIvey.Great news about the bae series in fsx.I tried it myself and the whole plane works well,except the panel.How did you managed that to get it working?See example

sized2008329204359231gi5.jpg

Guest Hodge001

Hi MDIvey.Great news about the bae series in fsx.I tried it myself and the whole plane works except the panel.How did you managed that to get ik working?See example

sized2008329204359231gi5.jpg

Hi Spotterke

Just to let you know that I have been flying the Eurowings Bae-146 in FSX for quite a while now, but as you noticed the panel is a big problem which I think will need more than a reconfigured Panel.cfg, as I seem to remember on my early attempts that most but not all the gauges will would not run under FSX.

My solution was to use Matthias Lieberecht’s freeware Bae-146 panel from the BA Panel Project site.

http://www.baepanelproject.com/

It does entail changes to the Aircraft.cfg file mainly small changes to the Radio, Electrical and Autopilot sections (all covered in the support section and panel manual), and you will not be able to utilise the FMC or load config tool, but I personally prefer this panel as the systems modelled are very near the real world panel set-up. The downside is that at the present time the EFIS version has not yet been modelled by Matthias but it is in the pipeline.

The other problem is that in common with all FS9 ported aircraft that have no VC you will not get rear or side views in FSX.

My apologies if by posting this link infringes any forum rules, and if this is the case please deleate.

Jim H

Hi Jim,

Thanks for this explanation.I'm sorry to hear that the original panel doesn't work in fsx,i like it in some way.I know the panels of mathias as well and in this case i am going to use it.(have no choise he..)