CRJ Professional crash if loaded from startup screen

If I try to load the new CRJ from the Scenery Startup Screen, P3D will crash soon after going fullscreen, before the usual "Loading scenery.." etc. Loading the F22 into 3D and then selecting the CRJ works. The CRJ load process from the Startup Screen is doing something weird as seen in the Procmon screenshot:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Broken filepath string causing it to look for something in every path in the PATH variable?

Only file that's created in C:\Users\username\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Pro\Logs is empty ASCRJ_SimConnect_Log.txt

Event log shows a typical KERNELBASE.dll crash.

Latest Windows 10

P3D:

Client = 4.5.13.32097

Content = 4.5.11.29713

Scenery = 4.4.16.27077

• Deputy Sheriffs

More important is the kernelbase.dll crash. Have you updated recently an addon like GSX, which mighthave changed some windows core files? The kernelbase.dll error usualy points into a direction that something on your system is not as it should be.

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

More important is the kernelbase.dll crash. Have you updated recently an addon like GSX, which mighthave changed some windows core files? The kernelbase.dll error usualy points into a direction that something on your system is not as it should be.

The KERNELBASE.dll crash is because of the CRJ. It doesn't happen with any other plane, no matter how I load it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, Fragged^2 said:

It doesn't happen with any other plane, no matter how I load it.

Unfortunately that doesnt mean anything. The CRJ is one of very few addons (if not the only one besides the A3xx prof series and the latest PMDG NGXu ) built upon the latest SDK from LM. So it might call a function within Windows that leads to a crash if certain files are not in the state they should be.

IF it was a general problem, every body would experience such a CTD.

The 2 things I would start to look at:

- sometimes a P3D client only update might fail. We have seen this with quite a lot of people in other cases. so maybe a reinstall of the P3D client might solve this. or even a complete reinstall of P3D (I Known that most people do not want to hear this)

- check that your C++ redistriubutables (2005 -2019) are really update. I've ssen software replacing newer files with older ones, when they do not use the MS installation procedure.

Archived