/Where can I interact with the blue altitude indicator on the PFD in the CRJ PRO

Hi, where can I interact with the 6.000 feet altitude indicator inside the red bubble on the attached picture? What does it represent?

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

So, just experienced a similar issue on another flight. As seen in the attached picture, my next waypoint is IBD23 with an altitude of 3000ft  (same altitude as set in the autopilot). Nevertheless, I still see the 4000 limitation on the PFD, VNAV mode won"t descend further and I cannot engage the VS mode on the autopilot to manually force a descent. The only way that I could continue to descend was by disabling the AP.

Could this be an issue or is it my error?

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Sorry, I'm a bit under stress these days. Doing support work on the forums plus reproducing and fixing issues is a full-time-plus job.

Please correct me if I'm looking at the wrong procedure, but this seems to be the ILS23 approach into LFBD. The navdata shows a 4000A restriction in the missed approach part. This is probably what you see. That would indeed be a bug. Missed approach is not "VNAVable", so restrictions should never show. I'm going to  fix it asap.

Dear:

In CRJ 550, I was making RNAV approach to RW 05 of VGEG. At some point, I wanted to disengage VNAV and descend below VNAV constraint altitude of 4000. I pressed VNAV button. VNAV cancelled. I lowered altitude to 1500. Tried to engage VS mode. But VS does not engage. I had to disengage AP and fly and land manually. Any ideas how to get VS mode cancelling VNAV mode?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

• 7 months later...

I would start a new thread but this one is regarding the same problem I am having. I have the latest update (SP 1 v2.2.0.0) according to the readme files. Downloaded and installed on 7/1/2020. The 4000ft restriction was appearing above the altimeter ribbon. It would not descend below 4000 for anything while using the auto pilot. I was not in VNAV mode either. I had earlier tried using VNAV for the initial descent but there was no TOD indication and it did strange things. Totally erratic. It appears that once you've activated VNAV, it will continue observing the altitude restrictions even though you've deactivated the VNAV function and returned to using VS mode. I've also noticed that TOD appears on some flight plans but not others. Unpredictable. Another issue I have is trying to change an altitude restriction in the legs page. Changing one waypoint causes all waypoints prior to that one to show the same altitude restriction. This is a characteristic of the default FSX/P3D FMS. I was under the impression that the CRJ FMS was totally re-written and operating outside the FSX/P3D default Nav system (like PMDG, QW and LevelD). BTW, It still overshoots the selected heading as others had posted and was reported to have been fixed. Also, the power settings are very unstable. The power will start changing without even having touched the power levers. Even a slight movement causes the power to change drastically. Sometimes the power will change in the opposite direction that you move the power lever. I don't get this phenomenon on other aircraft. Only the CRJ.

The textures are very good, however the video becomes very jerky when moving on the ground. I'm getting good frame rates (40-60) but (especially in turns) the video becomes very jerky. I've noticed the same thing in YouTube videos people have posted using the CRJ Pro. In comparison, the QW 787, which has a lot of moving maps and graphics, is smooth as silk when using exactly the same airport scenery and graphics settings... at least on my rig. Is the CRJ X version any easier on frame rates / graphics? I'm almost inclined to downgrade to the X version until the bugs have been worked out in the Pro version.

Nvidia RTX 2080 with 8GB GDDR6
Intel Eight Core i-9 9900KF @ 5.0GHz
Intel Z390 Chipset Motherboard
32 Gigabytes of DDR-4 3600MHz RAM (supports up to 64GB)
2 Terabyte Solid State Hard Drive at 1800MB/s (SSD)

• Developer

It's possible that the VNAV mode didn't switch off properly. I worked on that topic yesterday and sent a new version to the testers. I will double check the LFBD/ILS23 approach as well.

Archived