Cheyenne X minor problem..

Bobpr

Hi,

Happy Holidays to all!

I cannot get the VOR/GPS rocker switch to move. It is stuck on VOR-ILS therefore unable to have the autopilot (NAV) follow the GPS flight plan. BTW the VC FPS in FSX is much better than FS9. Thanks in advance!

Bob..

Bob,

I have about 20 minutes in the Cheyenne X. I haven't spent a lot of time in the book - so I haven't verified this, but in the 2004 version, the Nav1 frequency has to be set to an odd whole number, like 107 for the GPS to couple. I think it defaults to 106. something. Changing it to 107 did work for the few seconds I played with it.

Glenn

The Cheyenne X is great! Where is 'the book' you refer to? I have the download version and all I see for documentation is the Release Notes, Checklist and Reference Information. How do get to the Configuration Window described in the Release Notes to change fuel, weight, etc? Isn't there anything that describes the panel 'click spots' and instruments?

I'll respond to my own question regarding the documentation. I searched the hard drive and made it more difficult for myself before I noticed the folder in my Start > All Programs list. I didn't even notice the Digital Aviation folder within FSX where the PDF files are located. Don't I feel stupid!

The NAV1 frequency mustn't be a valid ILS frequency. Otherwise the rocker switch won't work.

Valid ILS frequencies are defined like this:

- the whole part of the frequency is less than 112

- the first digit of the fractional part of the frequency is an odd number.

This means:

108.10, 108.15, 108.30, 108.35, 108.50, 108.55, .... 111.55, 111.70, 111.75, 111.90, 111.95

Hope that helps :wink: