no jetways work with crj pro installed

jhavrile

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH I have no idea how/why the CRJ would influence the functionality of jetways. Can you give us an example at which airports  and stands this happens?

it does it at all airports, I tried to customize my airplane in GSX and it says no aircraft to config.. do I have to do something in GSX to load a cfg. in the aircraft cfg file for crj pro, never had to for CRJ X, another question, should I have removed CRJ X before installing CRJ PRO?? and I can't find the CRJ PRO manuals and cannot find any aerosoft folder of any kind on my computer, they used to be there. its has to do with CRJ PRO because any other aircraft works just fine,  jetways and all.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again, please name an airport (better all) and the stand(s) where this happens. Nobody here got all 3rd party addons to easily reproduce it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, jhavrile said:

and I can't find the CRJ PRO manuals and cannot find any aerosoft folder

Well, when you installed the CRJ, the installer asked you where to install it. So you should know in which folder it has been installed, and all files and documents are in the folder. You can also access them via the Windows Start menu: "aerosoft CRJ Professional"

I checked KSFO E69, and indeed jetways can not be operated there, simply because the door of a CRJ is too low for them. At other airports I have, jetways work fine, with SODE and GSX.

And I can configure the aircraft in GSX. So if you have an old version of the CRJ, uninstall it, uninstall also the CRJ pro and install it again. You should also check that you have the latest version of GSX installed.

Please login to display this image.

still no jet bridges... this is the error I get, please see picture below

no jet bridges no matter where I go and aircraft not configured in GSX

hope the pictures help, thanks in advance for your help

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, just dived in a bit deeper.

When you read the manual Vol.1, it tells you that the GSX config files need to be installed manually. See page 7 of Vol. 1

Then the jetways should work, but again not at every aiport, where the CRJ door is too low for jetways

here an example at Eglin AFB at Gate G2

yes sir, 

read that too, but can't find this location "YOUR ADD-ON FOLDER\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\GSX."

pictures are of p3d version and where my CRJ PRO folders are located, and not sure of GSX and GSX 2 version my updater says their up to date.

so any help would be deeply appreciated

if you can just send me this gsx data and tell where it goes that would be awesome

This looks more a GSX issue not a CRJ issue.

You need to modify the Airport Position in GSX and the Jetway.

The "error message" sounds like the jetway cant reach the aircraft. Had this on other airports too with other Aircrafts if the jetways are not able to move to the doors of the Aircraft.

KSFO E69 but I use other Jetway and GSX configs for KSFO, not them from FlightBeam

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, jhavrile said:

but can't find this location "YOUR ADD-ON FOLDER\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\GSX."

Simply go the folder where you did install the CRJ

• Deputy Sheriffs

And I can see another problem: your "Documents" folder is linked to Microsoft OneDrive. This is a very bad idea and can cause endless trouble. Unkink it. How to Do:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/unlink-my-documents-folder-from-onedrive/21edbce4-a38e-489b-8aab-608f0f4ee506

So you do not have a folder c:\users\havr\Documents\Aerosoft\ Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\GSX  ?

• Developer

Mopperle gave you the wrong folder. It's <Install Path>\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\GSX". <Install Path> is the path you selected when you installed the CRJ. If you don't remember it, try "C:\users\havr\documents\Prepar3D Add-ons" first.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Mopperle gave you the wrong folder. It's <Install Path>\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\GSX". <Install Path> is the path you selected when you installed the CRJ. If you don't remember it, try "C:\users\havr\documents\Prepar3D Add-ons" first.

Gave him the path according to his screenshot above. ;)

Ok got it NOT a computer guy at all I tried c:\users\havr\Appdata\roaming\virtuali\airplanes ...unfortunately there is no folder called airplanes SO do I make one or take other path ....thanks Hans but when I go to “"C:\users\havr\documents\Prepar3D Add-ons" there is no folder called prepar3d add-ons , I either can choose Aerosoft or prepar3d V4 files and that folder is empty

SUCCESS !!!  once again, this is why I don't mind spending lots of money on your products, because of the great customer service and tech support YOU GUYS ROCK, THANKS AGAIN

Archived