LNAV disconnected on display

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for the CRJ Pro! So far I like it a lot.

I would like to report a problem I see:

I loaded a route and decided to delete some waypoints and reconnect the route. However as you can see in the image below, its not displaying the route correctly.

Please login to display this image.

This also existed in the previous version, and I was really hoping this would have been caught in beta.  The FMS doesn't show a discontinuity, but the navigation display does.

• Developer

Can you tell me on which STAR or approach (and which airport) this happens?

vor 6 Stunden , curt1 sagte:

This also existed in the previous version, and I was really hoping this would have been caught in beta.

Really? I can't remember to ever have seen or read about that. But I'm getting old, so it might be my Alzheimer's 😉

9 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Can you tell me on which STAR or approach (and which airport) this happens?

Really? I can't remember to ever have seen or read about that. But I'm getting old, so it might be my Alzheimer's 😉

Hans, respectfully, here's when I brought it to your attention before.

• Developer

Not yet. I'm having a hard time to reproduce this. If I enter EDDS - EDDS, SID DKB4H/RW07, EXEC, STAR BABE1E/ILS07, I get a plan without any discontinuities and also no point DK823 (which, by the naming convention, would be a terminal waypoint for Cologne).

41 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Not yet. I'm having a hard time to reproduce this. If I enter EDDS - EDDS, SID DKB4H/RW07, EXEC, STAR BABE1E/ILS07, I get a plan without any discontinuities and also no point DK823 (which, by the naming convention, would be a terminal waypoint for Cologne).

@Hans Hartmann my mistake, its actually DKB23. Can you try that?

Also, I selected the approach while airborne, maybe it plays a role?

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , ComSimPilot sagte:

@Hans Hartmann my mistake, its actually DKB23. Can you try that?

Also, I selected the approach while airborne, maybe it plays a role?

I can't find a DKB23 anywhere in the whole EDDS.txt file (Navigraph 1912). Did you create a custom point there? And if yes, with which parameters?

@Hans Hartmann you are right..I tried to reproduce it too and I can't find the DKB23. I guess it means 23 miles from DKB but I dont remember how I ended up with it. For sure I didn't create a custom waypoint. When I tried to reproduce I got the LNAV line to connect from DKB to BABEG..

The sure is that there is something weird as the screenshot is the evidence. I'll monitor and next time it happens again I'll post again in the forums.

Just to add my two cents: In the old CRJ, I had the same problem like @ComSimPilot a few times - but during regular flights, without any returns to the departure airport or anything like that. When I deleted one or several waypoints in order to create a direct between two waypoints and also deleted the discontinuity, those two waypoints were not connected by a line on the nav display. I remember that it once happened to me on a flight from EDLP to EDDM, flying the ANORA arrival route to runway 08L, and I probably deleted the MIQ NDB from the legs page in order to fly directly from ROKIL to MAGAT. I haven't tried that so far in the CRJ Pro, but if I should detect the problem there and my input is still needed, I will report the results back.

Hope this is helpful...

ENGM RW01R OKSA6B 

Current Airac (navigraph)

It seems to populate the SID waypoints, and show them correctly in sequence on the legs page, but on the LNAV Map the line stops at the end of the SID (last fix) and then there is a line from the RW direct to the first flight plan route fix, in this case TOR. Its easy fix, delete TOR, And add it again on top of VIPPA (next fix) and then connect the discontinuity.see below for original and second picture is after fixing.

Additionally, not noticed this before, but all my legs in the FPLAN page are DIRECT, but the flightplan is airways from simbrief. Not sure why it would add them in as directs to each waypoint on the FPLN page. Usually i get FIX airway FIX so on, and all the individual fixes in the route page only. Maybe connected? See 3rd picture.

Also notice the route page even shows the correct course 201deg from OKSAT to TOR, So it has computed it. And by chance, i have caught an example of the framerate dip, 50 to 25. seems to manifest as jutters. Much worse at night, but i think it was fine until i turned on flood lights, and then even turning them off has no effect... like they get stuck in memory or something? I have no clue about programming these beasts! lol. 

12 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It indeed is helpful. Thank you, Peter.

Hans, the plot thickens! haha.

So i just departed on the above situation, and after initially turning right to intercept my first waypoint, GM440, I engaged LNAV AP on. Immediately the aircraft banked full right and attempted to fly direct towards the base end of the originating runway (01R ENGM)

I didnt manage to screenshot this with the LNAV path as it should have been, but i quickly initiated a direct to GM440 by dropping GM440 onto itself in the legs page, and as you can see, the result was a leg was created from the originating runway point, to an unnamed waypoint as seen on the picture just ahead of my aircraft and then to GM440....

There seems to be something recurring the aircraft back to the origination runway. That origination point is the exact same one that it draws the direct line from to your first flightplan waypoint when it does the SID discontinuity.

I had this occur yesterday during a KDTW-KORD flight.  Flightplan was entered manually as KAYLN2 SMUUV WYNDE1 and I noticed that the line stopped after SMUUV, but everything looked correct on the LEGS page.

I rechecked the SID and noticed that I had not selected the SMUUV transition - I had just entered it in as my first waypoint after the SID.  Once I did that in flight, the line connected.

Archived