Repaint Request for CRJ Pro - American Eagle CRJ900

• 2 weeks later...

SAR71:  I hope I'm not saying something out of place here,  but to a great deal, they already are. If you compare the texture files, there are similarities. You will note that four files have the same name, with the exception that the old files have a letter C at the end, and the CRJPRO has a letter A. Copy those four old C files to a new folder. Change the A to a C in name of the four files you just copied. Next, copy the CRPROF_VC_MAINPNL_A.dds and the texture config from any CRJPRO texture folder and paste them in that new folder as well.  If you want to have the registration number show up correctly in the VC,  you will need to edit that file. That can be done using DXTBmp, and MS Paint. Add a section to aircraft config and you should be good to go. Oh yes, ensure you have permission before altering others files.

Seasons Greetings, Roger

• 2 weeks later...

I second, third, and fourth an an American themed 900.    One the the most recent delivered is a PSA N610NN.    The 900 With the American livery is o e of the best looking aircraft.   

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 10:28 PM, dohspc said:

I just downloaded the CRJ Pro today. Thanks to sevenflyer I was able to convert a American Eagle operated by Mesa to use in this version. Thanks!

EDIT: Post Deleted. I can be blind sometimes...

On 12/6/2019 at 2:12 PM, sevenflyer said:

SAR71:  I hope I'm not saying something out of place here,  but to a great deal, they already are. If you compare the texture files, there are similarities. You will note that four files have the same name, with the exception that the old files have a letter C at the end, and the CRJPRO has a letter A. Copy those four old C files to a new folder. Change the A to a C in name of the four files you just copied. Next, copy the CRPROF_VC_MAINPNL_A.dds and the texture config from any CRJPRO texture folder and paste them in that new folder as well.  If you want to have the registration number show up correctly in the VC,  you will need to edit that file. That can be done using DXTBmp, and MS Paint. Add a section to aircraft config and you should be good to go. Oh yes, ensure you have permission before altering others files.

Seasons Greetings, Roger

Do you (or anyone else reading this) know how to find out exactly what font and size Aerosoft used to make the cockpit registration placards?

It depends now what you mean with registration placards.

I guess you mean the cockpit internal placard: This is set ready to type! So you directly click on it using the Photoshop TYPE tool and you can change it like in a text processing software. Then save it as DXT3 into your livery folder and there you go.

On the external however it is harder. For the default paints i looked for very high resoluted images from the registration area and rebuild just that as vector components as the fonts are often not known or especially made for that purpose and not publicly available.

• 4 weeks later...

On 1/31/2020 at 4:03 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

It depends now what you mean with registration placards.

I guess you mean the cockpit internal placard: This is set ready to type! So you directly click on it using the Photoshop TYPE tool and you can change it like in a text processing software. Then save it as DXT3 into your livery folder and there you go.

On the external however it is harder. For the default paints i looked for very high resoluted images from the registration area and rebuild just that as vector components as the fonts are often not known or especially made for that purpose and not publicly available.

Tried this, but it's not letting me edit whats already there. It only puts a new text line overtop.

Archived