Lighting in cockpit

curt1

I have selected untinted windows in the Options tab, and also have all the interior lights on.  My cockpit is still so dark compared to my other payware airplanes.  Is there something here I'm overlooking? 

• Developer

You can find an alternative texture set here: "<Installation Folder>\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\Texture Options".

Specifically done for users who have HDR switched off or who use sunglasses at night (also known as a so-called shader "upgrade").

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Branimir said:

If you use PTA or Tomatoshade you can disable "Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effects"

But even if you do that you are seeing the product in a VERY different way then we intend it to look. With the default shaders and a vaguely calibrated screen things will look as the screenshots.  With product compiled for P3d V4.3 and up (not many of those) this is all becoming very critical.

Thank you for the replies.  I am using PTA with Matt Davies shader dated July 2019.  The alternative texture set Hans mentioned does help quite a bit, but it still feels like I'm wearing sunglasses.  I have HDR off because it caused too many shimmering objects at some third party airports.    

PTA and the NON-HDR settings is a pretty deadly combination and should be avoided. The PTA "shader" set, it more like turning up the contrast on your TV set with a remote control. So values are pulled in the depths and heights and the mid values die.

Maybe you should give HDR a try again and strongly reduce the BLOOM value. I have a guess that this causes the shimmering effect, as it adds a glossy seam around any pixel that reaches a certain brightness. So when this pixel value then falls below

the threeshold value for the bloom algorithm, i suddenly disappears. Having now a scenario where those values pop above and below that threeshold value, you could get this shimmering effect. So when you activate HDR in your options panels,

directly below three sliders become active called BRIGHTNESS, BLOOM and SATURATION. The middle one BLOOM, i would set to 0.0 to 0.3 and try again.

PTA and the other 3rd party "shader" stuff have a hard time catching up with the new HDR situation. They were initially designed for FSX to mimmick what HDR does now by default and so the effect is doubled and the contrast balance ruined.

We do not recommend the usage of those shaders with our products as we cannot control the million combinations which are possible in the end. The same other aircraft devs have stated similarly.

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, curt1 said:

Thank you for the replies.  I am using PTA with Matt Davies shader dated July 2019.  The alternative texture set Hans mentioned does help quite a bit, but it still feels like I'm wearing sunglasses.  I have HDR off because it caused too many shimmering objects at some third party airports.    

Please login to display this image.

It doesnt cause any single issue for my 12 planes, not sure what your talking about. If you are talking about Tomatoshade and its reflection profiles that can causes some "issues" then its all resulting from the person whos using it combined with a lack of information. 95% of people go to (insert webistename that offers profiles/presets) and download something that a random person on internet told em to do. A person that has probably very different hardware (i.e Monitor), software and addons and all the other variables differ too. 

But of course this doesnt work that easy for everone. It needs some dedication to the topic to go without problems. Noone is forcing tomatoshade users to use reflection profiles, for example. The problem is that this setting/option to use them is activated by the person who created the preset. Its your choice to deactive it if one doesnt want to use em.

About the comment "using shades" when comparing it to shader tools.... Same here, its the preset, not the tool. The preset has those values set by the creator, everyone can change them by himself. Of course one has to dive in a bit but it wouldnt take more time to do right that as it takes to create a few topics  where one is blaming those tools.

I can imagine where that shades thing comes from, that is exactly 1 very "famous" preset coming from R&D that turns down the brightness of non-lit objects/textures/scenery  by quite some amount. And for mentioned reasons most ppl use just that, regardless of the monitor they use and regardless of their HDR vaues and all the other things already mentioned...

One can create most beautiful things with those shader upgrades, and yes, thats what they are: upgrades.

Original, few clouds:

Tomatoshade

Original, not so nice weather

Tomatoshade, not so nice weather

I dont see what those pis have to do with shades, sorry. Its even opposite. The originals looks dark, bland and boring while the Tomatoshade ones have life in it even on a bad weather day and are so much more nearer to real world.

Besides all that, PTA as well as Tomatoshade have a setting for VC brightness/colors. One can easily turn it brighter there.

To end my post i wanted to say that with the extra textures the cockpit looks ok for the CRJ. Without adjustemnts to my TS preset.

Vor 1 Stunde, Amarant Fox sagte:

It doesnt cause any single issue for my 12 planes, not sure what your talking about. If you are talking about Tomatoshade and its reflection profiles that can causes some "issues" then its all resulting from the person whos using it combined with a lack of information. 95% of people go to (insert webistename that offers profiles/presets) and download something that a random person on internet told em to do. A person that has probably very different hardware (i.e Monitor), software and addons and all the other variables differ too. 

But of course this doesnt work that easy for everone. It needs some dedication to the topic to go without problems. Noone is forcing tomatoshade users to use reflection profiles, for example. The problem is that this setting/option to use them is activated by the person who created the preset. Its your choice to deactive it if one doesnt want to use em.

About the comment "using shades" when comparing it to shader tools.... Same here, its the preset, not the tool. The preset has those values set by the creator, everyone can change them by himself. Of course one has to dive in a bit but it wouldnt take more time to do right that as it takes to create a few topics  where one is blaming those tools.

I can imagine where that shades thing comes from, that is exactly 1 very "famous" preset coming from R&D that turns down the brightness of non-lit objects/textures/scenery  by quite some amount. And for mentioned reasons most ppl use just that, regardless of the monitor they use and regardless of their HDR vaues and all the other things already mentioned...

One can create most beautiful things with those shader upgrades, and yes, thats what they are: upgrades.

Original, few clouds:

Tomatoshade

Original, not so nice weather

Tomatoshade, not so nice weather

I dont see what those pis have to do with shades, sorry. Its even opposite. The originals looks dark, bland and boring while the Tomatoshade ones have life in it even on a bad weather day and are so much more nearer to real world.

Besides all that, PTA as well as Tomatoshade have a setting for VC brightness/colors. One can easily turn it brighter there.

To end my post i wanted to say that with the extra textures the cockpit looks ok for the CRJ. Without adjustemnts to my TS preset.

Cool

Actually I find ENVSHADE really good I’m gone back to using that 

Archived