Cologne update not in updater

phlpeo

vor 21 Stunden , phlpeo sagte:

then i must wait till simmarket updates their installer

Seriously? ... is that the norm? I also bought it via simmarket, and we can't update??? when will they provide the new version on simmarket? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not sure if you have noticed that it is weekend... 

SimMarket will, like all other stores, make the update as soon aș possible available to you. 

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, disco79stu said:

Seriously? ... is that the norm?  

That is indeed the norm. The shop where you bought the product gets paid to deliver it and to deliver the updates. simMarket is normally very fast with these things but they do not have 24/7 staff for these things just as we do not have so. 

If you want the best service and the fastests updates you have to buy with the publisher.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because of the size of the update the installer has been chosen over the updater. The installer is much better suited to handle this huge size and comes with tons of features (for getting stuff installed) while the updater is just a simple tool to download and extract zip files.

One can safely assume that the best decision is always taken to provide an update to customers. There are a lot of circumstances where the updater is the perfect tool. But there are also others where an installer is much better suited (or needed).

This is by far not the first time, where an installer is chosen over the updater.

Archived