EGNT XP11 issues

IanB83

Hi,

I’ve noticed EGNT has no PAPI lights at either end, day or night. I’ve opened a ticket and am waiting for a reply.

The info states the scenery has custom approach lights...

Ian Bowden

Approach lights are not PAPI lights ;)

But you're still right, the PAPIs are missing.

Copy this file apt.dat into your Earth Nav Data folder in the scenery package and overwrite.

Will officially be included in the next update though.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

Twenty years i waited for an EGNT Newcastle International Airport  "PAYWARE VERSION ", 

Up here in the Northeast of England we tended to be overlooked on airport releases. the Londons , Manchesters ect ect being well catered for !. ( releases I own too )

So when EGNT was released by yourselves it was a no brainer ... reach for the payment card immediately  ( admittedly bought through "Just flight" this time ). 

Then shock horror  !!  "NO PAPI LIGHTS  !!! "   this cant be true not from Aerosoft ?.

Free ware versions have PAPI Lights !! check after check i made on comp scenery pack ini ect ect without a solution.

Then i arrive here in search of solution and low and behold a "FIX" in the form of apt.dat file,  Hoo-ray big smile,,, sadly a download/ repair which has since been blocked !!!

Two months later after the first Post made by IanB3 there is still no Update , Fix or apt,dat file, to resolve the Papi lights issue.

Am i looking in the wrong place is there a fix / update i can download somewhere ??

Aerosoft having been a customer with you for many years i truly am shocked you let this slip through the quality control, 

Still your testers did see and pass the approach lights ok,  and gave us a runway centre line to aim for !!!! !!! !!! WOW

Come on Aerosoft ......   keep up the  standards please .

Yours truly,   dismayed, shocked and  dis-appointed,

Neville.   ( EGNT )

vor 21 Stunden , Nev sagte:

Yours truly,   dismayed, shocked and  dis-appointed,

If the papi light fix is the only thing to make you happy again then it's your lucky day:

It is available somewhere but as I couldn't find it quickly see the attached file. Replace it in the Earth nav data folder of the scenery.

The official update is already in the works...

apt.dat

Thanks Marten ,

I ll try and track it down 😉.

If I'm unsuccessful finding it I'll just have to be patient I suppose .. what's a month or two wait  after twenty years for a real Payware edition.

Ps ... Papi or No papi lights it's still a great rendition esp being my home base airport .

Thanks again ,

Nev.

Hi Marten,

If only you could see my smile :-),

Thanks ever so much

Neville.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

BTW: When using Orbx TrueEarth you should activate the TrueEarth option in the SAM Colors + Seasons menu. After that the orthophoto and vegetation at EGNT will match the Orbx colors. The textures reloading is needed just once after switching and not on every flight and SAM Seasons is NOT needed to be installed, you only need the SAM plugin (version 2.00 or higher) to set the colors. The same is true for SFD Global or TerraFlora users, EGNT also has optimized colors for SFD Global and TerraFlora, just choose the corresponding option in the SAM Colors + Seasons menu.

FlyAgi,

Thanks for that info , will set about sorting that too , I do have England fully covered by Orbs and most of the airports,   but they dont do Newcastle International ( EGNT ) ,

Aerosoft have,  so you can see my must have reach for the card  when it came out 🙂

My comp has just under gone a major surgery update , New Phanteks case , Samsung SSD`s  , Water-cooling + Noctua fans,  Windows10 now on its own drive , X-plane 11 on its own drive ect ect   ( Santa was good !! ).

So yes as you pointed out seasons is not turned on, it was on before the rebuild but you get distracted and lost  sometimes , putting it all back together and tend to forget the fine tuning !!

So thanks again to you all for your help and advice.   esp me papi lights too ,

Heads in the clouds , ....mind you should you live in the Northeast of England,    grey skies and clouds come as standard !!!!!. 

Thanks again everyone ,  

Neville.

Archived