Geneva Professional | GSX vehicle spawn location

disco79stu

I asked this in the GSX forum, they said it's on your side. 
So when I park at (for example) stand 65, the GSX vehicles will spawn way over at the (I guess) GA terminal and take a very long route/time to drive to the aicraft. Is there a way to "fix" this, having the busses arrive from the main terminal? 

BR
Stu

6NnIxRg.jpg

vor 19 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

maybe this is the official way they have to go

Well, I'm pretty sure the passengers check in at the (main) Terminal 1 building, not the small GA "club house" :)..... 
The bus should drive from the main terminal to the parking positions on the ramp (whatever route they take).

Here‘s what Umberto wrote but I have no idea what that means for me. 

“The parking type decides where a vehicle will spawn from, and the path type controls the route taken.

There's a priority system: if the scenery doesn't have vehicle parking spots, it will spawn from a fuel parking and if that doesn't exists as well, it will spawn from a normal parking chosen at random.

However, if the scenery has only one single parking of the vehicle kind, and it has been placed too far away from the terminal, GSX will use that by preference.“

But hey, I really don't want to make too much of a fuzz about it, I just thought there is something I missed or an easy way to fix it (layering the scenery differently etc.)... 

I can live with the pax being bussed from over there, even if they have to cross an active runway for that :D

• Aerosoft

I'll talk to Umberto. If there is a way we can tell him where a passenger bus should spawn from we we might be able to assist. For sure it has to be something specific for GSX because the sim has no definition what building is what on a airport (apart from the tower).

Is there any other scenery where the busses spawn at the right exit of a terminal? I never seen it.

Tbh, I never pay much attention to where the vehicles spawn. The don't take the real world routes anyway, some are more accurate, some are just using the taxiways... Out of curiosity I followed the GSX passenger bus once at LIPX, and it drove to what seemed like a industrial cargo area behind the fire brigade, but usually it's fine for me if they just show up.

But in the above case it just looked very strange when I saw the vehicles drove down far away on the other side of the airfield. Plus the busses and the baggage trucks drove right across the active runway where AI was taking off etc....  So that's the only case where I actually wish they could spawn somewhere at the main terminal.... 

Please login to display this image.

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is there any other scenery where the busses spawn at the right exit of a terminal? I never seen it.

Not that I'd know of. Heck in some they just spawn on the runway... GSX should seriously think about implementing a function to tell it where to spawn the busses. Shouldn't be too hard I'd guess, they can tell other vehicles where to spawn so why not the busses as well.

vor 5 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I understand but the simulator simply does not know what a 'main terminal' is. 

Point taken, but it DOES seem to know where the taxiways are and it has to spawn somewhere. And it's usually pretty reasonable. So somehow this can be defined, because it's not spawning in the middle of a field or on the runway. I get that it does not "know" what a main terminal is, but watching the pax and baggage being hauled over from the GA area just breaks the immersion little... :) 

And just to be clear, as I said before, I don't want to blow this up and I'm not blaming anyone, especially not AS, I was simply curious if there's a way to alter this. If not, then I will just look the other way :D  ...

Seriously, I really enjoy Geneva Pro! 

23 hours ago, disco79stu said:

There's a priority system: if the scenery doesn't have vehicle parking spots, it will spawn from a fuel parking and if that doesn't exists as well, it will spawn from a normal parking chosen at random.

Looks like an easy fix to me then. Create a vehicle parking spot or a fuel parking at the main terminal in a suited place for all vehicles to spawn from there in the AFCAD, for instance :

Please login to display this image.

I'm not home this week-end but I'll do it myself on Monday, if Aerosoft gives me permission I'll share :)

Actually, I've modified a bit the AFCAD to fix some things : localizer alignment with runway centreline, default gate spawn location (now spot on the centreline), added gates 89A, 89B, 89C, 121, 123, 125, 127, runway start nomenclature (22/04). I even modified all default GSX vehicle locations, but that's not linked to the AFCAD.

Archived