Incorrect Flight Levels calculations

Dear all,

for some time now PFPX has been miscalculating the Flight Levels. For an over 2 hours flight (e.g. EDDS to LGAV) on an A320 with a typical load, it should assign something over FL330. However, it keeps assigning much lower FLs like 270, etc. I did not change anything in the configurations and I suspect it may be related to the lack of flight validations now in place. This miscalculations are a "no go" for the usage of PFPX (I will remember this on the renewal date) . Any clues of what the issue maybe?

Thank you

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

Post your OFP for EDDS-LGAV Antonio

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

In this particular case the optimum FL given vy FSL A320 is FL330 and PFPX gave me FL290. I had even worse cases int the past with PFPX giving me as low as FL160 on 900 NM flights. It may be related to airways / rules restrictions but since PFPX is not validating those, it is strange ...

Thank you

EWG2686 EDDS-LGAV (21-Nov-2019) #2.pdf

Have you installed the RAD Restrictions and Directs file available HERE ?

They are required for Free Route Airspace implementation ( unless you choose to do this yourself ) as the data is not available form AIRAC. Ensure you read the enclosed documentation before installing.

Valid route on first pass for A320:

(FPL-EWG2686-IN
-A320/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-EDDS0950
-N0401F230 ROTWE Y126 TUBLO N850 NATOR/N0442F350 UN850 TRA UP131
 RESIA DCT LABIN DCT PETAK DCT PINDO UL607 PIKOS/N0397F230 L607
 XORKI
-LGAV0238 LGMK
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/191121 REG/DAESE
 EET/EDUU0012 LSAC0015 LIMM0029 LDZO0051 LYBA0132 LAAA0137
 LGGG0153 RVR/200 OPR/ /
 PER/C
-E/0337)

Done.

For a TOW around 71.6 tonnes PFPX still gives me FL290 as optimal.

The real aircraft made the flight this morning at FL370 meaning that there should be no restrictions on airspace above FL290.

If I reduce the TOW to just 56.2 tonnes, PFPX still gives me FL290 as optimal.

Don't get it ...

Thank you

Please login to display this image.

EWG2686 EDDS-LGAV (22-Nov-2019) #1.pdf

Have you cleared the route followed by find route once more as you are still planning using airways through Italy that have a max FL305.

Separate issue, you should use the PFPX OFP format for the FSL if using the flightplan uplink.

51 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Have you cleared the route followed by find route once more as you are still planning using airways through Italy that have a max FL305.

Separate issue, you should use the PFPX OFP format for the FSL if using the flightplan uplink.

I'm using PFPX OFP for FSL and the FP Uplink. Thank you for your clarifications.

Hey,

althought I am familiar with most of the concepts involved  in dispatching like ree routes (Portugal was one of the first countries to adopt it), air spaces, airspace limitations, semi-circular rules, RVSM, etc, I also want to minimise the effort involved to create an OFP because the role I like to play is the pilot, not the refueller, not the dispatcher, etc. Therefore I'm now testing SimBrief hoping that it provides a "leaner" and more effective way to get to the OFP the pilot needs. Honestly I think PFPX is great but it maybe time for a revamp that will remove all those errors that popoup when we validate routes. Maybe I'll come back to PFPX later on, even because my license is payed until October 2020 ...

Thank you so much for your support,

António

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2019 at 7:25 AM, Antonio Abreu said:

Hey,

althought I am familiar with most of the concepts involved  in dispatching like ree routes (Portugal was one of the first countries to adopt it), air spaces, airspace limitations, semi-circular rules, RVSM, etc, I also want to minimise the effort involved to create an OFP because the role I like to play is the pilot, not the refueller, not the dispatcher, etc. Therefore I'm now testing SimBrief hoping that it provides a "leaner" and more effective way to get to the OFP the pilot needs. Honestly I think PFPX is great but it maybe time for a revamp that will remove all those errors that popoup when we validate routes. Maybe I'll come back to PFPX later on, even because my license is payed until October 2020 ...

Thank you so much for your support,

António

This is a real plan from today. The lower initial cruise level is normal in that area of Europe. Filed FL210

N0384F210 ABTAL4B ABTAL L173 RIXED/N0435F390 Y161 MAH/N0435F390 L173 OTT M867 VAROB DCT NIPEL DCT VRANA DCT PETAK DCT PINDO UL607 XORKI

Archived